1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Your First Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ashe, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Ashe

Ashe The Last Hunter

What was the first FF game you ever played?

Mine was FFIV which I still love to play; I have the DS remake because I love it so much. Such fond memories of crying over everyone dying and being frustrated at how hard it was.

NoisePilot likes this.
  2. Kuro

Kuro Member

well for me it's FF Tactics since i only had PS1, and then came FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX
    i wanted to get my hands on the SNES but as soon as they re-release the other FF series, i manage to get my hands on FFIV, V and VI. so far i still haven't finished V and VI.

MakoMomentai7 and NoisePilot like this.
  3. Boyd

Boyd Member

My first was the sixth.
    I've cleared it countless times already, bought the appstore version, even downloaded the "brave new world" which is a modded version for pc emulators.

NoisePilot likes this.
  4. roandres

roandres Member

You wont believe my first time... Mystic Quest x'D! which I really like btw! it's obviously not even close to be a good game, but I love it!
    From the main series, just like Ashe, IV, one of my top 3 games!

MakoMomentai7 and NoisePilot like this.
  5. Knightotter

Knightotter New Member

Mine was Mystic Quest as well, I wanna say I was 7 or 8 at the time, and didn't know it wasn't a good game, but after that I played Chrono Trigger before I got to play IV or VI, but IV was my favorite of the series til I played IX, still wish they had stuck with a 5 member party system through most of the games, lol

NoisePilot likes this.
  6. Ashe

Ashe The Last Hunter

I never played Mystic Quest, but I have a feeling just so I can join the club. lol

7. Knightotter

Knightotter New Member

Its cheesy and easy, but decent story, last time I played it (an emulator version) I was able to complete the whole thing in a couple late nights of playing, but I think it's worth the time spent, if you do end up playing let me know who your favorite companion is,

8. NoisePilot

NoisePilot Active Member

My consoles growing up were the NES, N64 and then PSone, so my first was VII. But, well, it's shameful to say but hahaha... Piracy was crazy in the country I used to live with Psone games and actually since I was a kid, I didn't know the difference between pirate and original games, so all my games were pirated. That meant I could never Finish VII or VIII because on their last Discs, they would freeze. So the first one I played was VII but the first one I finished and became my favorite was IX.

9. cgHaxor

cgHaxor December VIP 2016

The Game Boy title Final Fantasy 3. Then FF7 on PS. :D

10. roandres

roandres Member

I was 8 or 9 too! tbh, I didn't speak english at that time so I had no idea what was going on and therefore, I couldn't end the game until years laters! I loved the game since it was the first RPG I played, it was the reason I'm a RPG gamer and a FF lover (along with Zelda, that I played the original game for NES around the same age and I also couldn't finished it) my favs where Tristan and Phoebe, I wish they did a crossover with it in RK and in MFF!

11. Knightotter

Knightotter New Member

The original gameboy titles were the only ones I never got to play, :( and Tristan and Kaeli were my favs, hard to beat a red headed white mage weilding an ax, lol. I had often wondered if they would do a RK keeper event with it, but I believe in JP it wasn't even released there and we wouldnt get something so major without them getting it too, but I gave up on RK back in Dec, I kept wanting to spend money, and it was only getting harder,

12. Ashe

Ashe The Last Hunter

If I can get it working on my computer I will play it. And I'll be sure to let you know.

13. Tatcoolx

Tatcoolx Member

Final Fantasy 8 is my first because it is the first Final Fantasy in my city (Russian Localization issues), then came 7, 5+6, 4+chrono trigger, 5, tactics, 1+2, 9. Not played fully in FF3, FFX, FF12 and Dissidia. But FF7 is my very favorite.
    Kingdom's Hearts is nostalgic .
    Tactics I'm in love.
    I think that 6 is the best from series coz it so deep and various.
    Nowadays i play Front Mission 3 and FFTactics with emu at android.
    Screenshot_20160828-230122.jpg
    Screenshot_20160828-230239.png

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  14. Zarien

Zarien Member

My first Final Fantasy was actually VII.
    It was one of the first games I got with my Playstation alongside Resident Evil : Director's Cut.
    Was too frightened to play RE on my own, so I took the plunge into Final Fantasy.
    I may still have my memory card with my original save file on there, although I've since replayed it many a time on emulators.

15. cgHaxor

cgHaxor December VIP 2016

Along with FF7 and some games compliation, RE2 was one of my first PSX games! :D

16. Crazy carppy

Crazy carppy New Member

Final fantasy 1 was my first. And I've played all of the main titles except x-2 and the online games. Beat all of them except 8. I made a bad decision that left it actually impossible for me to beat the last boss. Or my game was bugged, not sure which.

17. SabbathTruth

SabbathTruth Member

During college a friend told me he wouldn't be coming in for a week, I didn't give it much attention, afterwards he told me he called in sick so he could play ff7 on PlayStation at launch for a week straight to finish the game which I didn't comprehend!

I was familiar with Zelda and others but nothing line ff. At the time I was into fighting games street fighter/mk/tekken etc, so i had not heard of ff :-O after he showed me a few of the summons I was hooked!!! Wasted many hours learning the dynamics and likely many brain cells after hours of playing and breeding chocobos!

PlayStation ff7 was my first :D

18. L1ght3N

L1ght3N Moderator / March VIP 2017 Staff Member

Mine was FF7, and countless hours of none sleeping nights and days with chocobos racing. Have played all offline FF series since then.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  19. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

Final Fantasy, on the original Nintendo.
    It was the 5th game I got for it.
    Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy.
    I was an RPG fan forever. A Final Fantasy fan for a long time..
    Until FFXIII, got to the third disc and said "screw this linear garbage, I'm done!"

Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X are my favorites.

When Final Fantasy first came out on mobile (on my old Blackberry) I freaked out. I've had it on every cell I've had since then (when it was available).

I got FFVII the very second I found out it was for sale. So much fun!

20. Varking

Varking Member

Mine was the original Final Fantasy on NES. My father played it so I tried it.

Ashe likes this.