1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best job to start game with?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Skill Panels' started by MoMoney, Aug 6, 2016.

What's the best class to start game with?

1. Onion Knight

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Ranger

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Mage

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  1. MoMoney

MoMoney New Member

So after the tutorial your given 2 more jobs: ranger and mage. My question is what do you guys think is the best class to use to start playing the game with?

2. FF Fanatic

FF Fanatic New Member

I'd guess it's actually the onion knight cause he's beefier but honestly I think it depends on play style and preference.

3. Calel

Calel New Member

None, you should draw a new one and use that one, whatever it is.

Todd likes this.
  4. Galatea

Galatea Active Member

The onion knight is the best out of those 3 just because his survivability is very high making him the easiest to start out with.

5. rexksvii

rexksvii New Member

Onion knight for me because onion knight can use my brotherhood sword.

But you should pull one job after you bought the gift box set

El Brujo likes this.
  6. NoisePilot

NoisePilot Active Member

I agree that OK helps a lot. I'm digging Ranger a lot though.

7. rexksvii

rexksvii New Member

You don't have to waste your resources on the starter job. Even if you evolve your job, they can't be as stronger as standalone job that you can summon in the shop. So save up your resources and spend them after you summon your first real job.

8. Eric

Eric SOLDIER 1st Class ( on Hiatus )

There's really no right answer. It's all up to personal preference really. They're pretty well balanced.

Though as to the claim that the current non-starter jobs are better... I'm starting to question it of late. Sure, they can be more focused, but there's definite benefits to the starter jobs currently as well. Don't believe everything you hear ;)

All with 3 skill panels completely unlocked, equipped with the same weapon and same deck level:
    1.) Apprentice Mage (White Mage) - 2741 HP, 184 ATT, 132 BP, +231% Magic
    2.) White Mage - 2384 HP, 215 ATT, 147 BP, +178% Magic
    3.) Apprentice Mage (Mage) - 2741 HP, 189 ATT, 136 BP, +245% Magic
    4.) Mage - 2587 HP, 200 ATT, 136 BP, +233% Magic

As can be seen, the apprentice form has more Health and Magic at the cost of less ATT and BP. The biggest boost the job pull classes have are the extra abilities in the skill panels, like the Clutch Faith/Veils + their abilities are a bit more focused in one direction.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Wolf likes this.
  9. rexksvii

rexksvii New Member

Ha! All players starting from JP said the standalone job is better even the dev say so. Why should we just looking at your data but not trust those who got experience especially the dev also stated this?

10. Eric

Long-term, you're absolutely correct. The pullable job summons will be significantly better than the starter jobs. However, this early in - if someone doesn't like the job summons currently offered, it's not a bad idea to save your summon tickets and wait since with only 4 skill panels released so far, the starter jobs aren't all that bad in comparison to the job summons.

For example, the two pullable Magic jobs - Mage and White Mage.

Mage has a much bigger focus on Magic Power and Health, but loses out on Speed and Defense.
    White Mage lacks Magic Power and Health, but makes up for it with higher Speed and Defense.

What if I like the White Mage's defense, but don't want to sacrifice so much health and magic power to use it (or what if I have extremely strong earth magic that Mage can't use)? For the time being, until other jobs are released, Apprentice Mage (White Mage) can bridge that gap.

The biggest difference the pulled jobs have over the starter jobs is that they focus on one or two major areas, while the starter jobs are "jack of all trades, master of none" early game.

But I agree with you - long-term, they lose their usefulness in comparison.

Wolf likes this.
  11. Aero

Aero New Member

well for now all jobs almost even out. it's in the future updates that the starter jobs will start to wither away. specially once the other skill panels are out.

Wolf likes this.
  12. Eric

Yup. I've seen a lot of sentiment telling all new players to make a job pull right away and not to use the starter classes. The point I'm making is that for the time being, if you don't like the current job offerings, don't force yourself to pull. The starter jobs are good enough to survive on-par with the pullable ones until better jobs appear.

Clearly some of the character jobs in Japan are incredible and hands down superior to the starter jobs we have. But our current White Mage isn't all that stronger than the Apprentice Mage, for example.

13. NoisePilot

NoisePilot Active Member

I pulled 'cause I was curious. I got knight and I liked it. But I wish I had waited because I'm really liking thief classes more.

Wolf likes this.
  14. Galatea

Galatea Active Member

$$$ time Kappa

NoisePilot likes this.
  15. Dragon Slayer

Dragon Slayer New Member

Well you cant compare starter job and summoned job using same weapon...cause at starter job's fully developed 3rd panel doesnt have same weapon as summoned job...you need summoned job in order to use its weapon right?...afaik

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  16. Nalhdaf

Nalhdaf Member

Warrior , have a good attack with stable survival

17. Trixter

Trixter New Member

Dunno but i love mage more because you can get higher score since you break them without killing and do the finish blow :) also means more rewards since the score is high.

18. Tatcoolx

Tatcoolx Member

Just confused after summoning new job card called RANGER, it is same as Neophyte Ranger's 2nd Skill Panel job.
    Screens:
    1. 4 job cards from 12
    2. Comparison NR 2nd skill panel and Ranger with no skills
    3. Ranger 1st skill panel
    4. New weapon: Gladius

P.S. Warrior it the easiest class for beginning, but little weak against Wind enemies. Screenshot_20160809-174048.png Screenshot_20160809-174118.png Screenshot_20160809-174417.png Screenshot_20160809-174411.png .

19. anfernee0117

anfernee0117 New Member

None, but I use onion knight and the job is knight, and I wait for new job in future update, I hope I can pull a strong class in future :)

20. Dryden

Dryden New Member

Onion Knight feels great because he is tanky and can auto-battle almost anything at the end of Ch.2 Hard mode