1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior's War Journal

Discussion in 'Deck Help' started by mageofthesands, Nov 8, 2016.

1. mageofthesands

mageofthesands New Member

A running thread on my progression...

Right now, I'm player level 40, but level 6 in multiplayer. I keep meaning to get around to doing MP, but other things get my attention.

Current Jobs:
    Ranger (Level 3)
    Hunter (Level 3)
    White Mage (Level 6)
    Dark Knight (Level 3)
    Samurai (Level 3)
    Red Mage (Level 3)
    Scholar (Level 3)

The only four star skills I have is Fire and Blizzard, the black magic single target skills. I have a few other growsters, but the only source I have is a monthly mobius box and whatever I get from events. I can get and skill anything you can buy with ability tickets though.

Typical loadout on White Mage is Fire, Blizzard, Stone, Moogle, with Yuna/Cait Sith as rental. More spam of high damage, low cost spells. I hear that the upcoming content demands AoE though.

I'm wondering what I should spend my resources on. Continue throwing skill seeds at White Mage, or work on another class? Spend my Summon Tickets on job pulls, save for the next wave of Jobs, or buy a Legend Card pack when they come in?

2. Maharib

Maharib Active Member

Stone can be farmed now in the 3rd exploration. I'd recommend getting a focused aoe they hit really hard when maxed 4*. They work well in mp as well.
    You have a good amount of jobs already. So don't need to pull unless you want to.
    Focusing only one 1 job isn't a good idea.

3. mageofthesands

If I'm going to sink skill seeds into another classes' panel four, I guess I should diversify my elements. Fire/Ice is covered by White Mage, so either Hunter or Red Mage for Stone/Aero. I am leaning towards Red Mage since I already have 4* Fire to slot in there, and a variety of wizard weapons. On the other hand, having a ranger type instead of just mages could be useful to.

Thoughts?

4. mageofthesands

Alright, I haven't checked in for awhile.

I'm working on panel 8 for Red Mage and White Mage. They're in good spots now. White Mage is still better, imo, due to high Fire Damage, and being more durable than Red Mage. The weapon from Red Mage is better though. Glad I invested in it. I have also worked on leveling up mage spells. My Firaga is is rank 4, level 8, Blizzaga is level 6, Aeroaga is level 4, and the event is letting me start leveling Stoneja.

Speaking of the event, it's made me realize that my warrior and ranger decks are terrible. Once I found out that you had to buy Ace Striker, I've taken to investing in Dark Knight. I should complete panel 4 by the end of the week. I'm just not happy with my attack selection. Nothing is 4 stars, and I don't want to use what little Growsters I have on them when I am clearly heavily invested in Mage Stuff. The Dark Knight and Samurai seem slow too. Flame Sword, Wind Sword, and Ice Sword are level 5, Earth Sword and Earth Blast are level 6. That's about it for warrior cards. The Bursts feel like they cost too much, even though the mage versions also cost 6. I think that's because my mages just generate more orbs a round than warriors.

I have 14 summon cards right now, so I am thinking of two job pulls. I am unsure how valuable the FFX cards are compared to giving myself more options for decks and/or weapons.

I have four Growsters, and all my support cards are three star versions.

Thoughts on where to focus my efforts? This is all in regards to single player story mode stuff, btw.