1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Knight of Etro or Hopes Guide?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Skill Panels' started by Aldaine, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Aldaine

Aldaine New Member

With the upcoming re-release of both Knight of Etro and Hopes Guide Boosted Summons, and the fact that both jobs are top tier in their respective classes; which one would anyone recommend I summon for? Also posted what jobs I have in case I'm lacking in either Warrior or Mage.

Attached Files:

2. andi_kan

andi_kan Active Member

I'm terribly underwhelmed with Hope's Guide, but that's cos I don't have Minwu. Still, I don't fancy it so much especially in MP cos he's a healer that loves to attack.
    I'm using Etro in SP occasionally because he/she is tanky. But break power is horrendous so don't expect an all-rounder there either.

3. Aldaine

Aldaine New Member

Originally I was saving up my summon tickets for ToT but I ended up being to busy to play during that summon period. If that’s the case with both of those classes, would it be advisable to pull for Last Hunter and use it with my Lightning supreme job? (Got that as a first pull without meaning to so I haven’t used it much) or would Knight of Etro be a large upgrade from SOLDIER 1st Class?

4. andi_kan

andi_kan Active Member

Definitely Last Hunter + Lightning skin... that is a deadly combo, more so if you have good supporting cards like Neo or the recently re-released dark version of Cloud (Blade Beam). I'm pretty sure Etro has its uses and advantages over S1C, but I wouldn't call it an upgrade.

5. Aldaine

Aldaine New Member

Really appreciate the advice on that, I’ve maxed out the new dark Blade Beam so I’ll save up my summon tickets and go for Last Hunter.

6. TempestDragon

TempestDragon New Member

i may be a little late, of those 4 jobs you talked about, i got ToT, KoE, HG and LH, ToT i use more than LH (noel), 150% buffs on wind, water and light is huge, KoE is also great, for SP and some MP bosses, hopes guide and last hunter im quite disapointed, they have good stats, but i dont see me changing ToT for LH anytime soon, and hopes guide is not that great also on MP, i still think bard/carnivalist is way better.

7. Aldaine

Aldaine New Member

Well guys, I guess RNG has shined upon me, no need for Last Hunter since my Welcome Back free summon drew Thief of Tantalus.

Attached Files:

8. andi_kan

andi_kan Active Member

I always thought Noel > Zidane, but then again that's probably cos I pair him with Neo. Clears most contents easily for me. Was my best MP breaker until Master Monk too.

And yes, I dislike Hope especially in MP because he is so magic-oriented... now, if buff durations (or difficulty to debuff) are somehow tied to the caster's magic stats, that would make sense. Else, mostly I see pug Hopes trying to be attacker :(