1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

How to know if you pull a good card?

Discussion in 'Cards' started by SabbathTruth, Jan 9, 2017.

1. SabbathTruth

SabbathTruth Member

i found this reply in another site which is quoted below, not sure if I can just post the link. Either way would u agree with this reply on having a general idea of deciding if you pull a "good"card? Let me know, thanks.

-------------------------------------------
    "Some of it depends on what you need, e.g. if all your jobs are Warriors, then you might not be that excited for a Deathgaze (Ranger AoE Earth Break Defense Down), even though it's really good. And of course, pulling something you already have some functional replacement for is never that awesome.

Very generically speaking, though, happy times is

• Most support cards, as they can be used for some purpose or another - although Alexander is bad (bad buff), Cait is bleh (bad heal), Carbuncle is so-so (great card but not really needed at 5*), Gigant is really only for score farming/Samurais, and the -shifts are typically thought to be worse than the -forces (but are pretty neat for score farming/huge bursts). Hades has also lost some popularity, but remains pretty decent + a good source of Dark seeds and Attack Ignition. The real winners are Hermes, Fat Chocobo and -forces. Artemis is sweet, too, and Susanoo is cool as well.

• Any 5* single target ability of an element&job you needed covered, or alternatively any -ja of the same description (a bit worse, but passable). Although they'll probably get replaced once you get your hands on 5* Sicariuii.

• Any AoE Break Defense Down/Crit Resist Down card; these things are beasts. The single target variants aren't bad either, as such, but have somewhat more narrow application (and the stat difference is way smaller than the usual difference between AoEs and single targets).

• Debuffs tend to be somewhere between "Godly" and "Eh, I'm sure there's a use for it." Yasha and Nekomata are clear favorites, Glasya Labolas is lovely, Hecatoncheir isn't bad and Lilith (unsurprisingly) is gaining popularity in turtle strats. The rest are more situational, but can probably be good in the right situation.
    Cones and standard AoEs are kind of the pits, as is any attack card you can't really make use of until it becomes obsolete anyways. Also, Alexander."

~VaLkyn~ and L1ght3N like this.
  2. FartingJoy

FartingJoy January VIP 2017

Pretty much true for most parts. Except force>shift. Force r great for duration fights or where u can't destroy boss in 1 turn. E.g. shiva(but recently bosses r too easy). When 4*boss come out they can be great. But Iceshift will rape ifrit 3* and 2*/1*...no comment. Other shifts r also more preferred in JP where players r real OP. And can 2turn kill 4/5* boss..... So shifts r more future proof. The Reddit community really loves forces. But is all to player preference. A shift acts like a rainbow shift ulti with only 2life orb.... truly OP

L1ght3N likes this.
  3. SabbathTruth

SabbathTruth Member

Thx for the reply, few more questions

1. So the support cards, he mentioned hades is ok? Currently I'm using warlock so how am I supposed to heal if I'm using fat choco/Artemis etc?

2. I have Lilith Neko and glasya but I'm not using them in my stack... should I be leveling to 5*?

3. I also pulled Phoenix is it worth it to 5*? If not any suggestions for fire Aoe break down card?

4. What does ACDD/ BCDD stand for?

5. Seems I really missed out not getting icie since I started right after :-( shame with my major water buffs, is the card absolutely never coming back? If not is shiva sic my best single attacker card?

Thx again for any input!

4. FartingJoy

FartingJoy January VIP 2017

1.at 5*sup cards have 3turn cool down. And refund 1 life orb on use. Most time I only need 1 5*Faith in SP deck. Also u'll be killing everything before they even hit u so no need Hades.
    2.lilith nah. Neko/curse nice to have at 5*
    3.for wat purpose? SP u I don't need fire specific. MP any bdd will do.
    4.ACDD never heard. But assume is area crit down? BCDD also... break down defence?
    5.JP has another FFRK event. But expect u will not get them at 6tik 1pack again.... Also Shiva does the job fine. Sure not as cool as LCie. But its good enough as it actually have brk power too.

5. SabbathTruth

SabbathTruth Member

Thx! Has the Hermes card been made available?

1. So all you do is use life orbs to heal? No heal support card?

2. Between neko and curse, which would u suggest I level first?

3. I've really only been using shiva 5* pulled card for Aoe, thought it would compliment my stack having any area fire card? Maybe not, I have a few Rental cards I use like Phoenix or infrita that work nice but I may be missing the point!

5. Do you mean it will cost more to get icie possibly and won't be as cheap?

4. Below is the reply where I found the abbreviations ACDD BCDD, do u agree with the question/statement? Thx again!!

-----------------------------
    "Is it safe to say that the AoE Break Defense Down/Crit Resist Down cards > ST+AoE > AoE = ST? ie if you have any of the ACDD or BCDD cards, you can get rid of all the other ST and AoE cards of the same element and job? Likewise, if you have any of the ST+AoE cards, you can get rid of the AoE and ST ones? (I'm notcounting Sicarus cards.)

Specific example: I was lucky enough to pull Ixion from the 5* summon (war, water, ACDD). Assume I have 3* Bismark (war, water, ST+AoE), 3* Syldra (war, water, AoE) and 3* Siegfried (war, water, ST). Is there any scenario where I'd want to spend precious Growstars on them? Can they be safely sold? "

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  6. Crazy carppy

Crazy carppy New Member

Not growstars, too rare and expensive, but I keep 4 cards of each element for each class at at least max skills seed. For farming seeds. I've sold the extras. Eventually I expect to have 4 sics of each class and each element. Then I'll sell all of the fodder.

7. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

I've been doing this: I only use Sicarus cards, or special (BDD, or Damage focus, etc.) ST damage cards, sold all of my single target, damage only shop cards.
    I only keep ST BDD, and CDD if I don't have it in AOE.

I don't use cone, they just aren't that good.
    So I don't waste (any more) Growstars on ST or Cone cards.

For AOE, I keep all BDD, CDD, and Target Focus (if I don't have the previous) cards. Those, along with several Support cards (Fat Chocobo, Hermes, Artemis, Element Force/Shift, etc.) Are where I spend my high end Augment materials.
    I'll use any AOE cards I get until I can get the ones I specifically want.
    You'll absolutely want SOME AOE cards for "New Light"

People rely on Vanille and Fang far too much IMO. If they have it in their deck, you'll know because they'll probably spam it the whole fight in MP, even if they're the breaker.... and unless it's a mage, they just don't hit very hard from what I've seen.

In 2* I can cast Weakness, and Faith and hit the boss with the right element Sicarus card and kill it in one or 2 rounds with a full shield.
    Rarely (besides Ifrit) have I seen that happen with L'cie. For whatever reason, people seem to ignore any buff/debuff and just spam that one spell.