1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Global healer problems

Discussion in 'Deck Help' started by MakoMomentai7, May 11, 2017.

1. MakoMomentai7

MakoMomentai7 Member

Hi, I have been trying to work on my global healer. I FINALLY got my White Mage, and I am ready to put it to good work. I've done some reading already and what I thought would make things easier for me, have only shown that I have more problems to deal with.
    I currently have (in order)

Cindy, Tyro, Echo, and my Exdeath (lcr).

My problem I am dealing with is that I can't seem to draw life orbs quickly enough to be able to cast them, much less the time it takes for me to drive away the other elements. :/ What can I do to get by these problems!

Also, Is there a certain staff I should be using? I'm using the one you get from global right now. But it seems to me that the 3rd effect only works when I, myself deal the damage. Please help! :skip:

2. andi_kan

andi_kan Member

I'm far from the authority on healers here, but I've been doing a lot of 4* MP and my go-to character is the healer, so take from this what you will.
    1. Ditch that Exdeath, leave damage and debuff to other members. You should really have 4 support skills, nothing else.
    2. I use Dancer (Prismatic Shift on ultimate) so I don't face much orbs issues except first 3 turns or so. But you can still prioritise and ensure the most important buff(s) go off on turn 1. I run Cindy + Regalia, both +1 starting life orb and not sure where the third comes from (maybe my job, never checked) so I always start with at least 3 life orbs. I usually cast Cindy first (the Haste will make everything else smoother) but if my teammates are a bit low HP and no stun, sometimes I start with Tyro. But what's important is you get to cast something turn 1.
    3. Look for a weapon with prismatic chance. I believe the MP weapon is +18%. Not sure if Life Draw +50 is better, and as mentioned in #2, I don't depend on those.
    4. If life orb is still really an issue, try to economise with your skill choices. For example, carry Faith (2 orbs) instead of KOTR (3 orbs). Let breaker bring his own Boost. I wouldn't economise on Tyro though, since he's 2 skills for 1.

MakoMomentai7 likes this.
  3. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

Andi_kan is right.
    Also bringing your cards to 4* and 5* is important, the reduced number of required orbs makes a huge impact.

3* cards need one more life orb to use.

Cucci and MakoMomentai7 like this.
  4. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic! Lead Moderator Staff Member

I STRONGLY advise purchasing and upgrading a KOTR to buff every1 offensively in MP. My favourite buff to receive as an attacker or breaker from a healer is KOTR as it lets me do my job much more efficiently cutting down the enemy turns for it to kill the team.

Cindy + KOTR are 2 great cards to run as a healer. Lifemorbs are a pain and a healer wants as many a spare possible so anything what generates life orbs or prosmaticnorbs helps a mile. Soon a life orb shift card will be released which will help healers greatly! I would cast cindy before KOTR.

I feel a good non Aerith healer deck is Regalia + Cindy + KOTR + Life Shift (not yet released).

For a more defensive setup you can use a card like Tyro or Hell Gate instead of Regalia!

And the recently released MP weapons are also great for healers.

5. MakoMomentai7

MakoMomentai7 Member

Thank you all for this info! I greatly appreciate it and take all of it into great consideration! I'll lose Exdeath, and switch him Regalia and ditch Echo so I can put in KOTR. But uh, do I get that in the shop??

Again, I appreciate this so much! I am very embarrassed when I can't fufull my role in a match :( I don't want players to think I'm worthless. TBH I could probably be another role but I like being a healer.. So I do appreciate the help.

6. Drizzt88

Drizzt88 New Member

That is great advice for taking on the roll of healer. I would like to add to the healer role as I have just stared playing with it and have noticed what a challenge it is and how much other players have no idea how to play multiplayer. I have played attacker for the most part, and I am guilty of not helping the healer myself.
    One of the Best things you can do to help stay alive and help the Healer is to let them go FIRST!..My god! , its a race to see who can go first.
    Why let them go first?
    - They will buff before your attack
    - They have a high chance of creating more life seeds to help heal you. The worst part is going last has healer and not getting the life seeds to cast another heal or buff. Then of course people die and they think its your fault. When in reality its there fault.
    I find with a good deck and good players (let me go first) we win all the time. You don't need gospel to win. Sure it makes it easy but getting into a good fight and playing your roles makes the fun and the game.
    Thats just what I have noticed with healer. I can see why many shy away from it. Its a tough role at times for sure.

Drizzt

7. Crazy carppy

Crazy carppy New Member

Cindy, Alexander, kotr, and regalia. Even the ai can keep you alive with that setup. And everything is very useful.

8. MakoMomentai7

MakoMomentai7 Member

OH MY GOD, YES!!!! I can NOT agree with you anymore!!!! I am constantly getting annoyed because people are trying way too hard to be the first person and not giving me the chance to buff and throw away useless elements, so I'm left with nothing to gain from each turn. I must admit this is very troublsome, and I wish people took more consideration into what their own roles are and at least what the roles of others are supposed to be doing. I just think from now on I am going to make my message "let the healer go first!" and then hit the "Ill go first" sticker once before the fight and once when the fight starts. It's SOOOOO HARD to do battle with people if they aren't trying to be a team!!! WHY PLAY GLOBAL IF YOU AREN"T GOING TO WORK TOGETHER!!!! lol

K, done ranting.. haha Sorry :orkos:

9. Drizzt88

Drizzt88 New Member

LOL, I hear that. I do that now as well. I have to say I will go first everytime!! Seems people are in to much of a rush, lol. It seems to work most times.
    One thing as a healer have you guys noticed the longer the battle the stronger the opponent becomes. I noticed if we dont have strong players and the rounds keep going my defensive buffs seem to get weaker. I can keep full health on the players for many rounds but then it changes. I find if we dont get it done in 15min things start going south. You guys notice this ?
    I also love how people disband if you dont have gospel on a 4* battle. Its going to make it hard to get healers if this keeps going.

10. MakoMomentai7

MakoMomentai7 Member

This happened to me the other day for the first time :/ It made me kind of sad. They even did the Echo sticker that says "Too Bad". :/ it sucks and made me feel like crap. :( People need to realize that although Gospel is an AMAZING card, its not the best card ever and survivability (is this a word?) does not require that card. :/ Or is it perhaps that people suck and can't survive without it ;) hmmm hahaha And I kind of had noticed something like that but maybe not to that extent. It does seem that things slow down if speed is not kept up. Which kind of makes sense at the same time that it doesn't. Strange indeed. Glad someone else gets the Healer struggles though... I really am.

11. Drizzt88

Drizzt88 New Member

I think people rely on Gospel way to much. Its a great card but almost takes the fun out of it. I like a good challenge. As an attacker or healer I want to improve and get stronger and learn how different cards can play different roles with each fight. People like easy I guess.
    I do get that as well with the "Too Bad " stickers. I even got burned really bad the other day when we lost a fight. To be honest they sucked, lol..I did my part . Its going to happen, especially with the younger players. It takes time to build and level the cards, so screw them, lol.
    I do notice the healer is the empty spot the longest while waiting for each slot to fill up. I think people are shying away from it.

12. MakoMomentai7

MakoMomentai7 Member

Challenge accepted. :sup: It's really boils down to though, That people DO NOT KNOW THEIR ROLE! and think like "Oh, well I do just fine in story mode, that means I'm ready for Global!" When that is far from the truth! hahah I am a victim of such thoughts before! hahah I would like to encourage people to read and learn the dos and donts of Global and take as many tips as they can for not only that feature BUT THEIR ROLE AND FLOW OF BATTLE! lol things will become so much more smoother. :j Thats a day I would like to see :,)

13. Drizzt88

Drizzt88 New Member

I agree completely. I am also starting to think they need to make the battles stronger soon. I think this would force people to play there roles the way there suppose to. I get the need to farm and yes we want the battle done fast. What I am getting at is say a 5* battles. And restrict the entry to higher levels. Have this for the guys who want to play and not farm. I think it would be fun!!
    Who knows the future of the game, lol.

14. andi_kan

andi_kan Member

Agreed, but hopefully not at the expense of marginalising the f2p or newer players. Say, if you're gonna introduce 5*, don't create a 5th item that only drops from it. Make the reward something like 2x or 3x the 4th item drop (eg: Shiva's Kiss). That way, strong players can farm things faster but regular players can still get the same items, just work more for it. This is totally in line with "f2p = farm to play" policy XD

Drizzt88 likes this.
  15. Drizzt88

Drizzt88 New Member

That is a good Idea. Would make sense.
    Seems Like the harder fight came after all, lol...But DAMN that is a tough fight if you don't have the right fighting class or cards, lol.. Well thats a different topic I would think.