1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Element Resitance Bonuses from Fractals

Discussion in 'General' started by xTeKt0n1c, Dec 22, 2016.

1. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic! Lead Moderator Staff Member

Hi all!

For the next tower event I have an idea.

I'm going to try and add up to +10% (2x +5%) element resist bonuses onto some duplicate fast learner cards cheap to purchase with max abiiity levels in the ability shop (as they come with max ability level so I only need to unlock/grind skillseeds and extra abilities). I plan to do this to help my key jobs resist the element which they cannot defend against in battle. I believe this will be particularly helpful for the tower when turtling at higher coil levels. I do suppose the usefulness of this technique will depend upon what ability cards you have previously unlocked, but it might help you crawl through the trials.

As I am quite well invested into the game, I have purchased a duplicate M&R (8 ability tickets) card and a duplicate YLP (5 abiiity tickets) card from the ability the shop. By farming Fire Fractals I am in the process of adding two lots of +5% fire resists onto the cards which I plan to use during the next tower event. As the Dancer job cannot mitigate fire damage without extreme help this will help survive against Typhoon and the Shadow Drake in the upper levels of the next tower.

With 1 PuPu card plus bonus fire resist enhancements on my cards I will be able to give the Dancer up to a maximum of an innate +60% fire resist and still run a solid dancer tower deck including:
    - M&R (+10% fire resist),
    - YRP (+10% fire resist),
    - Anemone (+10% fire resist) and
    - Fire Pupu (innate 25% fire resist plus extra 5% fire resist).

The other three elements will be element drivable up to a maximum of 50% for earth and 70% for both wind and water. I feel this will cover all elemental defence bases for the dancer and should perform really well as it should prevent my dancer from being OHKO'd against Typhoon (which is on every floor!!!) and will also give him time to recover HP between enemy attacks. The greatest annoyance with this deck would be versus the cockatrice due to wind damage focus but with 70% wind resist and careful gameplay it is very beatable, especially as the Anemone has lower break resist skill at 5* meaning I can still whittle it down physically rather than magically!

The same theory can be applied to other jobs such as much needed earth resistance for Tidus, or much needed Wind resistance for the Dragoon!

Cheers
    Tek

~VaLkyn~ likes this.
  2. ~VaLkyn~

~VaLkyn~ Staff / November VIP 2016

We are one step behind you :p

xTeKt0n1c likes this.
  3. xTeKt0n1c

I managed to get a +51% fire resitance into my dancer which I think should be enough - it's really hard to target specific extra auto abilities due to the rubbishy gacha. I'm happy with the results after my hard work! I'm now ready to dance my way to the top of the tower rankings with the extra fire resistance which will help me to survive Typhoon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cgHaxor likes this.
  4. ~VaLkyn~

~VaLkyn~ Staff / November VIP 2016

Lol pupu cards can get fractals too? :eek::eek: I forgot it. Is that yur deck for Tower? Looking it i can try Tyro+fire pupu+A&T+Anemone

5. xTeKt0n1c

Yes it's for the next tower - I enjoy using the dancer and an innate 51% fire resist with heal drive and my cards will hopefully give me an edge (assuming I can bypass slow which should be fine with the enhanced boons auto ability on my YLP card). If I charge up my ultimate for the final battle I can add fire element to my attacks to whittle down ultros faster to remove the combo attacks (and chance of being slowed) quicker.

~VaLkyn~ likes this.
  6. Tatcoolx

Tatcoolx Member

Using ulti in beginning and then charging it with boss for next floor fight!? You are MONSTER! :confused:

7. xTeKt0n1c

I can also charge up my ultimate during the 2nd tower battle round to aid me in the earlier phase of the 3rd round fight with both ultros and Typhoon to kill one of them quicker.

8. Tatcoolx

Tatcoolx Member

And when next tower comes to us?

9. xTeKt0n1c

Tomorrow

10. Tatcoolx

Tatcoolx Member

Ohh! Nice! Good luck to everybody!