Best FF ever???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by X-Ray, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Deejae

Deejae Member

My favourite was and always will be FFVII, purely because it was the first game I played in the genre. Played most of the ones from before it since, and played all the numbered games after aside from XIV. X gets second place, mostly due to the fact that the first Blitzball tournament you have to take part in, for story reasons, gave me Wakkas ultimate limit break Attack Reels as the first prize, which I read was really rare to happen, but could, and omg the game was fun lol. Right up until the Dark Magus Sisters. Screw those cow bags.

Kalisto likes this.
  2. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic! Lead Moderator Staff Member

You got it as a reward after a VERY LARGE fixed amount of wins / points

3. Deejae

Deejae Member

It was also available as the reward for finishing first in any tournament with a very low chance. I finished the game 4 times, and only had it show up as a possible reward once.

4. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic! Lead Moderator Staff Member

Oh ok that's new news to me! Cool!!!

5. RLH

RLH Member

My list may seem odd. My first, real Final Fantasy game was FF VII. I was 16 and a little "late to the party". It's definitely in my top 3, but hard to place. In early college, I found a hacked port of FF V with English translations inserted into the text. I think it's most definitely my favorite 2D version of FF. An then, there's the Final Fantasy that isn't really a FF game-- Final Fantasy Adventures for the original pee-green screen Gameboy. Ah, this was the game that introduced me to games named "Final Fantasy". I fell in love with it and thought it was infinitely better than Zelda II: Link's Awakening, which was basically Nintendo's variation of the same game and play style.

Honorable mentions are Final Fantasy Tactics and, though not a FF game, the BEST Squaresoft game of ALL TIME is Xenogears. Seriously, how many congressmen do I need to write to get this thing ported to iOS. I know it's crazy, but I want a replay so badly I'd drop $20 for it, easy.

6. Deejae

Deejae Member

I'd pay £20 for a mobile port of Vagrant Story. The controls could work so well on a touch screen too.

7. RLH

RLH Member

Ah, I probably would to. I know it's considered one of the better SE "Sleeper" titles. I've had that one on my backlog for years, I just can't see myself paying the price for it and blowing off my old PSX to play it in a family room with little ones who like to stick stuff in every electronic opening.

8. Pookie

Pookie New Member

Would be FFV for the old pixel version and FFIX for the 3D ones. FFIX being the first FFIL I played.

9. Kalisto

Kalisto New Member

Agree with you 100%(VII was also my introduction to FF, then Tactics strangely enough) which is my second favourite. I think cos they were first they left the biggest impressions

10. andi_kan

andi_kan Member

I'm late to the FF party, started since FFXII. Liked the story and graphics, but I absolutely hated the battle system. And the levelling system, whereby inactive party members don't get XP. You know how you always have a few favourites, and end up using them all the time, lol...

FFXIII is a blast for me. The ATB and AI work flawlessly, plus they know how to target enemy weakness. Setting up paradigms was probably the more ingenious thing of it all =) You could probably tell which is my favourite FF character based on my avatar.

nightkids7089 likes this.
  11. nightkids7089

nightkids7089 Member

SE know that every players got their favourite characters within a pool of playable characters, so will keep using the selected few.....thus defeating the purpose of a Role Playing Game......you know. RPG let you play a few characters and test them out.....not lone character

Lightning is the most liked and successful female character in teh so many FF series i supposed......

my 2 cents comment