Best FF ever???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by X-Ray, Aug 10, 2016.

1. nightkids7089

nightkids7089 Member

[QUOTE from Alkaiser]
    FF Tactics - Art & theme, great story, team combination of jobs. never play before, cant comment

FF VII - Character design & backstory, overall story, materia system, don corneo scene, aerith getting stabbed (oops)... but most of all, color customization of the menu (gold, metal, and rainbow ftw). xD played a bit, never complete.....i played bcos of the good remarks of this game

FF IX - Atmosphere & theme, poetic scripts, road to golden chocobo and treasure hunting, dagger/garnet's cleavage <3, ending soundtrack. played and complete....so so....dont really like Zidane...

FF X & X-2 - I loved the leap in graphics, job system, grid system, summon system, new summons, dark aeons. complete FFX but not X-2, like Tidus and Yuna, love FFX but find X-2 boring....

FF XII - Story, battle system. played a bit....Vaan is boring, never complete....

FF Crisis Core - Battle system. love this game....love Zack's character, a bit like me (haha)....always feel that Cloud snatch Zack's Aerith and Buster Sword....:D:D:D

FF Type-0 - Story, characters, peeking/camcording, ending soundtrack. Download into phone using simulator......have not play....yet

FF XIII - Battle system, leap in graphics. Lightning is gorgeous.....the most successful female lead in FF....(in my opinion)

FF RK & BE - Old gen FF experience in mobile. recently download and playing FFRK at the same time with Mobius FF.....like the music when playing in eah different FF series....

Mobius FF - New gen FF experience in mobile, music, hud. (why Mobius FF instead of FF Mobius? :() playing now.....spend more time on Mobius than on FRK....will open this game and first, played till no stamina than open FFRK....:D:D:D......Actually never like online game, because to me it is always pay to win, and as a working adult, will lose out in level and unable to catch up.....

[/QUOTE]

FFVIII- Since i played FFV on a Super Family Com, this is the one i played a FF game in many many years....stunned by the graphics and gameplay....spend the most of my time grinding this game, getting all GFs, drawing all the elements in Places nearest to Heaven and Hell, getting all characters Ultimate Weapon, killing Ultimate Weapon....100% complete....

Sorry Bro Alkaiser for using your post to add in my comments....

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Kalisto and X-Ray like this.
  2. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

No worries bro. Your comment in Crisis Core is funny. Haha. It looks like Cloud is in the friend zone with Aerith tho.

I highly suggest you play FF Type-0. It might be the best FF for me. Class Zero is amazing.

nightkids7089 and X-Ray like this.
  3. nightkids7089

nightkids7089 Member

erm....based on the technology now, if the game is done in ultra HD and turn based style.....i tink you people will spit and scream at SE....

the trend now is to make a fast paced, free combat system....just like FF13
    but you got to sacrifice multi player style, and usually the AI controlling the other playable characters are very retarded....
    if the AI is very smart, the enemies will be powerful so the game play will be on par, in that case, the main characther you controlling will be busying using potions or cure spell on the other AI....

Actually i thought maybe SE can create a Final Fantasy game in DMC-style of gameplay.....what do you guys think?

my 2 cents opinion...

4. nightkids7089

nightkids7089 Member

hey bro, do you know how i "hate" Cloud ?

I played FF record keeper, my team members consist of :main character, Squall, Cloud, Zack and Lightning. (Actually wanna put Tidus to replace Cloud but his usable ability is boring, i like using spell-blade)

i acquired Cloud's buster sword, after mastering his limit brek, i pass the buster sword to Zack !!

hahahahahaha......................

5. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

So that's what happened to the Buster Sword after Advent Children... LOL

6. nightkids7089

nightkids7089 Member

oh....i never watch that......

dont really know the whole story of FFVII, from game to anime.....only heard my friend telling me the summary of it....

played FF Crisis Core bcos that is the best game on PSP :p:p:p

7. Celestine

Celestine New Member

My favourite is FFVIII, only finished FF IV, FFVIII, and FFIX.

FF tactics and FF tactics advance is also a good one.
    Playing Dissidia FF Duodecim and FF XII but haven't manage to complete XD

Kalisto likes this.
  8. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

Actually, the real owner of the Buster Sword is Angeal and for fairness' sake, Zack also kinda snatched it from him. LOL.

In Dirge of Cerberus, Cloud is still using it but is already getting a little rusty.

In Advent Children, after regaining his memory, he already put the sword to rest where Zack died and is now using First Tsurugi/Fusion Sword. He later on transferred the Buster Sword inside Aerith's church. Maybe it's kind of a couple symbol for Zack and Aerith and is also a sign that Cloud has already moved on.

That's also why I related what really happened to what you did in FFRK which is kind of a deja vu. LOL. You just made a remake of your own. Haha.

You must hate me since I'm using Cloud as my display picture.

9. Death

Death Scholar of the Abyss ( on Hiatus )

The fact that Cloud just leaves the Buster Sword stuck in the ground is pretty infuriating...
    Especially since there is a WAYYYY bigger story behind that sword than anyone knows...
    It's been passed down from many Soldier 1st elites and finally to Cloud from Zack.
    But then Cloud just leaves it somewhere? Yeah no thanks... Terrible story writing in Advent Children there...

10. Death

FF13 was not free combat system.
    It was turn based....
    FF12 on the other hand was free combat and in my opinion was one of the worst Final Fantasy games ever.
    And if they make the game a free Combat System, all of the monsters will be retarded and have terrible AI...
    Because they have an expectancy of players not having the skill to play the game for some reason...
    Whereas turn based it's pretty straight forward...

That's just my opinion though..

Kalisto likes this.
  11. Boyd

Boyd Member

Cloud actually left the sword on the hill where Zack died.
    I feel it to be pretty iconic, and nostalgic. Kind of like saying "I'm sorry I forgot about you, the sword helped me but it deserves to rest with you"
    + I'm also a nostalgic fuck like Cloud so maybe that's why I can relate to him leaving an item somewhere and then visiting for sadness' sake

Kalisto likes this.
  12. Death

But... Buster Sword. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

13. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

Actually, the AI in FF Type-0 is not that terrible. FF Type-0 and Crisis Core could somehow be considered as free Combat System and they are both challenging in Hard Mode.

14. Death

Maybe I am just extremely bias to the old format.
    For that I apologize. :(

15. Tidus

Tidus Member

Hey guess which my favorite is!

Seriously though, Tidus is Leviathan.

16. nightkids7089

nightkids7089 Member

Nah....Cloud is a successful character no doubt, just curious wats the hype bcos i dont know FFVII's story......

i like the combat system in FFVII-CC.....running around., slashing enemies and using magics while dodging enemies attack......

so thats why i am thinking maybe SE can come out a D|MC-style of a Final Fantasy......:p:p:p

17. Kuro

Kuro Member

let's just say the scenes you'll remember the most would nice way to put up.
    Final Fantasy VI was one of my fave thou due to this scene.

Fantasy likes this.
  18. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

Old formats are legend and those are some of the best games of all times but they require the luxury of time and attention. My top 3 are actually Xenogears, Breath of Fire 3, and Suikoden 2 (sorry FF lol). Unlike now, due to advancement of new technology, the attention span of people playing this kind of games has greatly diminished. Everyone demands insane graphics or fast-paced games but for me, the design and the characters themselves are more important. So yeah, old and new formats are actually good in their own ways.

nightkids7089 and Death like this.
  19. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic! Lead Moderator Staff Member

Any of the titles released by SquareSoft are my favourites (Upto FFX)

20. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

SquareSoft is the bomb!