1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Best FF ever???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by X-Ray, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Ashe

Ashe The Last Hunter

That's how I see it. The story was amazing, but I won;t deny how frustrating the battle system was. I have no doubt, however, that the battle system will help improve the future of FF games as a whole. Like what FFIV's ATB did.

X-Ray likes this.
  2. Fantasy

Fantasy New Member

I spent my whole childhood playing FF games.. from my teenage years my favourite was FF 8 (I think it is quite obvious why) but after a ten year gap i replayed most of FF games... and my opinion changed.... I think my favourite today is FF 6. Because story goes well with in gamr difficulty.
    1-5 are good
    6 is the best
    7 it was a breakthrough game in FF series bu I didnt like the story.
    8 had a difficulty in game mechnics (except magic drawing)
    9 was very good too. although not everyone likes that fairy tale hint in it.
    10 was too easy (except omega cave or something) main character was lame (for me)
    10-2.... i will just skip this... from priestess to pop idol... seriously?
    13... it had graphics it had style and material to work with but something was broken.... i called it tunnel fantasy because all you do run in the tunnels...but it had a great potence...
    So yeah FF6 would be a winner for me. However, it is just my opinion :)

X-Ray likes this.
  3. Mandragona

Mandragona New Member

I have play only FFBE and mobius
    So i just beginner in FF series

X-Ray likes this.
  4. Kalisto

Kalisto New Member

I enjoyed XIII but it was a lot less to do than the earlier games and very much straight corridor running. XIII-2 I didn't even finish( although it was in my collection for ages) FFVII was my favorite and it will always be, not because it is the best but because it was the first I played & it blew my mind. I remember getting to the end of Shinra Building & long highway scene & thinking I was about to finish the game & then only the world map unlocked( too many other surprises to mention) FFX would have to be 2nd place & then FFTactics hooked me and made me enjoy Tactical Strategy RPG (still came out same time as vandal hearts & was waaaaay better) had fun with crisis core(back to FFVII world) really looking forward to FFXV now.

X-Ray likes this.
  5. Boyd

Boyd Member

My favorite, one I can play through forever without getting tired of is Final Fantasy Tactics. The story is simply the best so far, and the job system gives you a lot of freedom to choose how you want your fights to be.

I really enjoy FFVI too, maybe because of nostalgic reasons since it is the first I ever played. There's not much grinding needed in the game unless you want to max stats perfectly for each character (which I've actually done) and the story takes a very surprising turn by the mid game.
    FFVII is a natural favorite, I was always drawn by how Cloud was faking his existence via Zack without even realizing it through the first 2 discs, which made FF Crisis Core have the biggest sentimental impact on me so far. The battle system was simply addictive and the narration just kept this epic feeling adding up from event to event, down until the very ending which was simply touching.
    Besides that, I like them all for specific reasons. FFI's -Wtf, where do I go now- moments, FFII's use of weapon leveling system, FFIII's and FFV's Job implementation, FFIV's epicness lmao, there's just not another word.. You ride a whale to the moon for god's sake!
    FFIX is just cute. The cutest, most beautiful final fantasy ever if you ask me.
    FFX felt "complete" to me. Maybe because of the whole augmented graphics. It left no space for imagination, which in a way made it lose the whole Fantasy side of the aspect but still felt great.
    FFXII I disliked because of the music. Plus.. I still don't really like how they made FFTactic's Ivalice be a place shared with other monsters.. like the Bangaa and stuff, I guess I was just 2 much a fan of the -Human Only- Ivalice... Though, seeing as during the FF Tactics storyline they "find" technology buried underground, maybe their story came much later of FFXII's storyline and such, maybe those races all died out somehow and got buried or something

Haven't played FFVIII yet, and just played XIII rushing through the storyline without exploring because it was lent to me for some days, so I don't have a fixed opinion on those for now. [Neither have I played any of the online ones]

X-Ray and Kalisto like this.
  6. Kalisto

Kalisto New Member

I see they have just announced that FFXV is to be delayed now by two months I was sooo looking forward to it. Oh well been waiting so long already, two more months won't kill me

X-Ray likes this.
  7. Fantasy

Fantasy New Member

I think it is better that they would correct mistakes before release than release it and when players would need an update... i applaud this decision... :)

X-Ray likes this.
  8. Ashe

Ashe The Last Hunter

They've been delaying that game for like six years; it's not even the same game now. I'm not at all surprised that it got delayed again, nor will I be if it's delay again sometime in the future.

X-Ray likes this.
  9. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

I dont want to use the word "worst" but FF XIII was way too much linear and without that FF "soul" we felt in the previous titles, maybe its my fault that i check every single aspect of the game, but realy was way below FF standards, a good graphic doesnt make a good game,

Fantasy likes this.
  10. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

Welcome to the family

11. Death

Death Scholar of the Abyss ( on Hiatus )

Anyone else looking forward to the FFVII remake?
    Should be pretty awesome, long overdue as well.
    Hopefully there is blood in the Sephiroth execution scene. :eek:

Trailer:

Kalisto and X-Ray like this.
  12. Ashe

Ashe The Last Hunter

ME!!

I've been waiting for this remake since they first made that demo all those years back. I heard it's going to be released in an episode format, like Life is Strange. Does anyone know if this true?

13. Boyd

Boyd Member

A remake of final fantasy VI or tactics would have been overkill for me, those are what I want most. VII Has me excited too but I probably won't play it anytime soon during its release

14. Death

This is unfortunately true.
    They will be released in segments.
    Because the game is over 300+ hours long.
    The thing I don't like the most is that it's not turn based.
    That's what really made me enjoy that game a lot.
    And without that being a factor of the game I'm scared I won't enjoy it as much. :confused:

X-Ray likes this.
  15. Death

Tactics would be really awesome, actually.
    Or even seeing FFIII.
    Seeing Kefka at the end of the game in his last form in HD would be crazy.

X-Ray and Fantasy like this.
  16. Boyd

Boyd Member

Not just that! Everything!!!
    The opera, flying continent, the end of the world, kefka's tower, the dragons!! AND SO MUCH MOREEEE *fangirl voice*

Death and X-Ray like this.
  17. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

i just cant wait for the remake, also the remastered version off ff9 and other FF titles for android/iOS show how much people worldwide love the series...

18. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

19. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

The next time you wife/girl ask you to watch a romantic movie tell her that is better to play FFX, why?:

Attached Files:

nightkids7089 likes this.
  20. Boyd

Boyd Member

I actually.. did this during the one and only time I played ff9? I didn't think it to be so impressive though I did have fun doing it because the list of names just kept going on and it was amusing.

X-Ray likes this.