1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Beginner Questions

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Excalito, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Excalito

Excalito New Member

Hi, I just started few days ago. I am currently lol 4 whoa lvl 30 Mage and lvl 30 neophyte ranger. I just got enough to summon a job card. Should I summon now? I lvl led Mage thinking that if I got it it would unlock the Mage slot job but guess I was wrong. If I summon do I have a chance of summoning Mage even though I locked apprentice? So confused.

2. Rocky

Rocky Active Member

The apprentice/neophyte jobs are lesser versions of the summoned versions. You need to summon a job ASAP. What you do w/ the beginner jobs has no influence over the rest of your game play.

3. Excalito

Excalito New Member

Thanks for the tip, I ended up drawing a Red Mage. Even though its one of the higher mages it really sucks since my tutorial ability card I drew is a lvl 16 Valefor ice ability T____T

4. Rocky

Rocky Active Member

Red Mage is a bit of a glass cannon but is TOTALLY worth it! Mirage Rod is an amazing weapon, and you can both deal damage, and support your team in multiplayer at the same time.

5. Excalito

Excalito New Member

Yeah, I did find he go a bit lacking. I have 18 ability cards. I hear a lot of people talking about buying cait sith or fatchocobo and artemis. I don't know the differences and the game does not give descriptions so I don't know what cards to get.

6. Rocky

Rocky Active Member

For single player get single target fire, earth, wind mage spells and moogle. For multiplayer cait sith and choco. These are very basic tools that serve as a good foundation.

7. Excalito

Excalito New Member

Yeah, I bought few cards and tried it but I'm not liking the red Mage. HP is way too low, even the beginner neocyte range seems to fair better over all and has more chance to roll heals. I'm thinking on buying a möbius box and trying to get another job. What job working for you rocky?

8. Rocky

Rocky Active Member

Mobius box should always be bough it's value is over 10k magicite! I actually have quiet a number of full 4 panel jobs. I guess my 3 favorite are Dark Knight, Assassin and Mage in no specific order.

9. Excalito

Excalito New Member

So I opened the box and was able to summon a white mage. So far its a bit beefier than the red mage was really lacking that Ice attack need for the first chapter. Feel a bit better. Anyone know when Dragon Knight will be out?

10. Killmetwice

Killmetwice New Member

It will be out in octeber update :)