1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 event!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Winterw, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Winterw

Winterw New Member

I heard there's a way to "improve" your luck in this event doing something specific in order to get good rewards.
    Are they fake voices?

2. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

They're saying you need to flee battles until you get Silver>Silver>Gold chocobos in 3 consecutive nodes.
    I haven't done the fight yet, so I'm not entirely sure.

From Reddit:
    The optimal reward path is getting 2 silver chocobos then a gold chocobo on the last middle path fight to force you on the left hand side for more rewards.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/5ldhil/happy_new_year_2017_special_event/

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Winterw likes this.
  3. FartingJoy

FartingJoy January VIP 2017

On the mountain climb. Very 1st node. If u do not encounter silver or gold choko on battle 2. Then u will get directed to the right "unliky" path. And finish with minimal loot/1summon. If u encounter silver choko then u will get directed to middle almost "lucky path". And each fight after if u do not meet silver choko u will be forced to unlucky path. If u finish on this path. Meaning kill 3silver choko. U will complete with 2free summon. Finally if u encounter gold choko on node 1. Then u go straight to lucky path on left. And will no longer need any chokos later to reach top for 2summon. But there is a trick. U will need to reset (flee fight) the 1st node 1st clear until u encounter gold or silver choko. If u encounter gold. U can kill it and finish the lazy man path. !!!--> For BEST "lucky" result. U need kill a silver 1 on node 1. And move up silver path. Then reset till u kill another silver. Then the last node b4 top. Reset till u meet a gold. This way u will be forced to go throught the gold path. By then u have just collected everything on silver path. And finish the gold for all chests.
    Node 1 is the key. And after is up to u to choose which path. Best result silver,silver,gold. 2nd result gold. 3rd silver,silver,silver. Last no choko.

Tatcoolx and Winterw like this.
  4. Winterw

Winterw New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    Damn, I wasted one ticket, i will try tomorrow :I

5. Crazy carppy

Crazy carppy New Member

I wasted two.....really wish this had been clear from the start.

6. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

I think they want to keep these sort of things a secret.

I have a hard time believing (since Japan has already had this) that SE is unaware.

In the few months since I've been playing I've come to find that there are all sorts of "secret tricks" to these time limited things, so I've been waiting towards the end of the day to actually do the first one. By then someone has figured a trick or two out.

7. Tatcoolx

Tatcoolx Member

TY, 1 question - are any more silver/golden chokobo at Miracle Street? (I mean after killing Golden Chokobo)

8. FartingJoy

FartingJoy January VIP 2017

@Tatcoolx. No u will no longer c any chokos after. The chest for 1 silver choko/lighted path is 10k gil. 2nd silver choko/lighted path 2 is a mystic tablets. 3rd silver /lighted path 3 is ability tik. And at this point u can either complete as silver silver silver. And still get 2X free summon. Or reset for a gold. In fact if u dont really care about the tab or ability tik. Then at any point encountering a gold choko will get u straight to the lucky path for 2summon. The gold path will give 5k seeds each. 1tab. Silver opener. And ability tik. So if u want all loot from both path. Then 2X silver/1Xgold is then way. Also node stam cost drops from 8-6-4. In node lighted path 1-2-3.
    Also u get ~50k exp. so even if u reset 10X. The stam cost is still OK.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Tatcoolx likes this.
  9. Tatcoolx

Tatcoolx Member

Ok, thought it was just my unluck. I do silver-silver-golden, its not hard to retreat and replay.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  10. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

As an aside: am I the only one who feels like a psychotic sociopath in this event?

This is basically a party for WoL, the "good guy"! Then he runs into a group of Moogles (the other good guys) all of whom are wishing him a "Happy, Merry Kupo...Kupo" and other well wishes.

He then proceeds to attack them, and they continue to rain pleasantries on him in return. They aren't fighting back, just getting murdered and being very friendly about the whole thing.

I almost feel dirty.
    I'm still going to brutally murder them of course, because I can get another ability ticket, but I still feel a little dirty.

Winterw likes this.