Stuck with progression

Discussion in 'Deck Help' started by Deekhare, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Deekhare

Deekhare New Member

Hi all,

I just started this game. To be fair I just auto played every stage so I didn't really care much about my deck. Currently I'm trying to get into the game but I've gotten stuck, I just keep dying at every stage I attempt. How do I progress past this point? I've attached images of my cards and the current stage at which I am.

http://i68.tinypic.com/16l083q.png
    http://i67.tinypic.com/32zkj9i.png

I literally cannot complete a stage without dying, I've also noticed that a take forever to break a monster's defence.

Thanks!

2. ~VaLkyn~

~VaLkyn~ Staff / November VIP 2016 Staff Member

Are yu getting yellow gauge first with the right cards for it? And later using normal attacks to get red gauge? Are yu using the right cards for your role? What job are yu?

3. Deekhare

Deekhare New Member

I'm currently a mage, I'm not sure if I'm using the right cards, I just used all mage cards in my deck.

I have no idea what you mean by getting cards for the yellow and red gauge lol.

4. Cloudstrife

Cloudstrife New Member

Hi DeekHare i'm CloudStrife and i'm a LV.55 Pro Player. I have started by August to play this game.
    So as you can see there are two Different bar under the enemy life bar.
    Together represent the Monster Stamina. When you deplete completely this bar the enemy going in 'Break' status and fall down. It becomes really more vulnerable at your attack!
    So it' s very important to prepare yourself properly when the monster fall down. Ok? So first point!
    All your 'Offensive' Ability cards has two important stats: Attack and Break Power.
    What do they mean?
    Ok simply Attack represent the damage that your card deal damage to enemy life Bar while Break Power represent how much powerful is this creature to deplete the Yellow Gauge of Break Gauge

5. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

I'll try a simple version of how-to-mobius

This is the progression needed to become strong enough to fight the real battles.

Your job:
    Use the 3 starter jobs as a test or trial. They will give you an idea of the fighting style of the three branches.
    When you pull a new job (with the job summons) that job WILL have a far greater potential, even if it had the same name as a starter job
    Skill seeds:
    these are used to level your job, your job level has an enormous impact on survivability and power. You get these from the cards you have in the deck you use in battle.
    Crystals: are "usually" used for the new weapons.
    There are now 8 pages of skills for summoned jobs. Your will not get all 8 easily or quickly, but if you focus on a single job and use cards that give you the needed skill seeds, well it will get you farther than just randomness.

Your cards:
    To start the higher the level of the card (shown at the top corner of the card) the higher your health pool. If your deck has a lot of high level cards, you'll be tougher. You can level it by simply having it in your deck, or fusing cards. I'll get to fusing.
    You get skill seeds needed for your job, from your card as I said earlier, you'll see them on the cards.
    You will need to fuse cards of the same type (mage fire card to another mage fire card)to increase your skill seeds. Or you can fuse Cactuar cards (silver level your card, green increase your skill seeds, gold are just to sell for gil) this only increases the number of skill seeds, they usually start at 1, you'll be getting them each to 3. Obviously 3 is a better multiplier than 1, so more skill seeds=faster job growth.

To increase the "Ability level" that in turn gives your card new skills (like the nifty cards you can rent that have 9999+ or Esuna):
    You need to fuse cards of the same ability name, this is an important point!
    So generally you will augment a "trash" card that drops from a monster (it will have a "lesser" name. For instance "Lesser blizzard) to 3 stars (making the ability name just "Blizzard), then all the rest of the drops from that monster will be 3 stars. Augmenting the 1 and 2 star cards will require "material" cards, these drop randomly off specific monsters.
    You can then use fuse that card to a better card that has the same ability name.
    The name of the card itself is irrelevant to the process. Just the ability name has to be the same.
    Then you will need to USE the card... a lot for those skills you unlocked to really unlock. figure on hundreds of uses for your 4th skill. But it is also random to a point I guess.

Then you'll need to start thinking about augmenting your good cards (which will usually be at 3 stars to 4 stars. This allows you to access the 4th skill, usually the best one.... of course by fusing more cards after you get its rarity up. Aaaaand these will take a different and far more rare material.

Leveling your job by getting tons of skill seeds and quite a few crystals, Augmenting and fusing cards by Augmenting and fusing cards, getting the right cards and material to drop. Well, that's the game....
    After you get the job you want, and the cards you want.

So that's easy right?

Then fighting the monsters:
    The green bar on top is health, the orange bar on the bottom is his shield, the Break Guage.
    You need to attack with (the right) ability to turn the orange bar red, then attack with weapons to get the red bar gone completely -thats a Break-. Then you can start getting his health down using (the right) abilities. you have a limited time before his Break Guage refills.
    Element type:
    If a monster is water, you will do best hitting him with Fire.
    Earth or Wind will work but less effectively. Water will NOT work against a water monster.
    The elements you have at your disposal, to make your abilities work are shown with each job. If your job has Water, Fire, and Earth don't bother equipping a Wind card (even though you can) You won't be able to use it.
    This will make fighting earth monsters harder because you will only be able to attack with Water/Fire.
    So your going to have to build a lot of good ability cards for your job... and probably will start thinking about getting another job for the element you're lacking. And more cards for that one.

Consider fighting in "Hard Mode" as it improves your drop %.

So to answer your original query, if you don't want to die as much, just do all the stuff I wrote.

I will say if you're thinking about spending money, get the Mobius Box. Don't spend any more money until you have a firm grasp. I put about $37 into a bunch of stuff that I used poorly. It basically was wasted money.

Cloudstrife might have more to say.
    Take it with a grain of salt, I'm definately NOT a pro at the game. But I think overall it is all correct for a beginners knowledge.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  6. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

I guess I'll just add a few tidbits that I wish I knew earlier.

Sell whatever cards that drop from monsters that you are not currently working on.

This one is important.
    If you get a 3 or 4 star summon card (not maxed out) that you have no use for, sell it too. Summoned cards will always show up in your ability shop for cheap, even if they are 4 star, it'll be available as 3 and 4 star.
    Even if the summoned card is not natively available in the shop.
    You'll get ability tickets for selling them.
    ---If a card is max ability level for its rarity, you might want to think on it. Particularly 4*, maxed ability level cards are a real nuisance to get again if you sell it.

If you REALLY want a 4* maxed card quickly and you have the resources, buy a 3* from the Ability Shop, Augmenting it to 4*, then buy the maxed 4* card from the Ability Shop (around 100 tickets for a normal attack card, less for support)

The "maxed" cards you buy from the ability shop only have ability level maxed, they do not unlock the skills, you still have to use them or fuse with the light bulb thingy card.
    Again, figure on using the skill hundreds of times to unlock all abilities.
    Support cards are much easier on that point. Cheaper to buy maxed as well.

The 3+ and 4+ cards, while not being great on the long run are worth buying (but not maxed!!!) if you can use them -and you don't have anything equal or better-
    For a newbie you won't often be getting any other cards nearly that good for a while.

Max the skill seeds on the cards you're using, max those Skill Seeds! So much wasted time I've spent.

Rent Cait Sith or Yuna, maybe the fat Chocobo, there is a Yuna Pictologica that can be used with one orb that has Esuna I believe. Good Support cards can make leveling a lot easier.

Take your time deciding what to do with your ability/summon tickets, growstar, any material cards that you need to buy with $ or wait for. Hell, just hold on to them if you don't have a need.
    If you like your job, pull a 6 card summons maybe if you're short on good cards. There is limited need for 5 or 6 jobs if you like the one(s) you have.
    Stuff is really expensive in this game!

When you die, try again (beginners) Don't use a Phoenix down. Those things eventually become really handy, and you can run out quick.
    Also, rethink using ethers for Stamina. If you're capable of MP (see below), just MP for a while, or do something else. Ethers will be soon much more valuable when you have a handle on the game and have a reason to use them. Grinding on Mobius day for example.
    Ethers and Phoenix Downs are 100 Magicite a piece. Basically they cost you $0.63 cents a piece.

Learn your class and job before you try Multi Player. Get some levels first. 1* fight until you can handle a 2 or 3 without being carried.
    It's just polite. I've been in too many disbanded 3* groups because a 1* guy jumps in...
    There is a MP etiquette post on this site, read it.

Save your gold, silver, and bronze openers until you find the job you love.
    You'll thank me.
    Level naturally through skills seeds.
    When you find the job that fits, save those openers for the 4-8 panels. I'd suggest 7-8 myself, damn expensive skill seeds wise.

Be patient or be prepared to spend money. and $20 isn't real money for this game.
    I just got 2 full jobs, maybe 8 good cards, and I'm easily $200 into the game. In only 2 months. I still had to do a lot of grinding.
    Sooooo.
    And Tidus isn't worth $75. That floating blitzball on the other hand..

The 6 card summons is the best summons aside from Job summons.
    Unless your luck is better than mine.

Log in often to collect your magicite. Don't wait until it's 100. Remember, 100 Magicite's value is about $0.63 cents.

Everything in this game costs money or time, so try to make good use of everything you get. It will save you money or time later.

$100 ago this info would have been nice for me at least.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  7. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

Oh, yeah. Turn auto sell off until you are very sure about your choices. I cannot tell you how many material cards auto sold because I somehow marked them.

Took me a couple of days to figure it out. that's a lot of cards.

8. Deekhare

Deekhare New Member

Thanks for all the tips! At the moment I'm just auto playing through story mode, I just unlocked some exploration mode, not sure if I should try that. Also, can't all the jobs be unlocked from my basic jobs? I've managed to unlock white mage, training up my hunter atm.

9. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

Exploration mode will net some good items, Gil, and xp. Also it will offer you summons tickets, crystals, ability tickets.... it is super.

The problem with starter jobs is their potential. While the Knight fromy a starter job may be the same (possibly a little better) than the pulled knight job, the Pulled job has 8 more Panels to become sooooo much better
    It's a matter of potential!

You'll spend a lot of time and resources levelling starter jobs to eventually realize (if you stick with the game) that you should have pulled a job.

My Combat Surgeon and Carnivalist implore you to level a pulled job.

10. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

Keep in mind there is not really one thing you have to do to get better.

You need the right cards leveled the right way, and the right jobs leveled up. it's an extensive, complicated process. RPG guys like myself love it.

11. Deekhare

Deekhare New Member

I just pulled a dragoon and black Knight. They feel alot stronger right off the bat.

In that case should I focus on completing exploration or chapter 3 first?

I'm also curious at which level I can start to do multi-player bosses.

Oh and, is it worth buying elixirs with magicites to grind and level my cards?

12. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

I might get some argument here, but I suggest completing the 3 chapters, then completing the 3 explorations one at a time. Then go back and clear all of the chapters and exploration regions.

You'll get enough items for several job/card pulls, while also leveling your job panels. When you get stuck and die a lot, go back and complete something.

For MP -if you are only into your 1-3rd panel- do 1 star bosses first. Many players jump into it super early, so the bigger kids will carry everyone.

Leave 2 and 3 star alone until you figure it out, get good cards, and level your job.

4th panel should be OK for 2* Sicarus unless your team is awful. But you do need to know your role and be productive.

3* needs you to have a powerful guy, or all the groups you join will disband.

As far as elixers: it's up to you and your intentions and goals.
    I suggest, if you have a job you like and cards that work, you join 1* sicarus battles when you run out of stamina. Don't use elixers yet.

Elixirs are great, but essentially cost .63 cents a pop. I suggest you save them for now. However, it's a game so do what you think is the most fun.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  13. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

You can "complete" a chapter, but not clear it.
    You've still got places you haven't gotten to, but the story is finished.

That's what I mean as far as "completing" and "clearing". It's clear when you have opened every door and fought everything.

That's where the good stuff is.