1. Welcome to Mobiusforum.com

Feel free to Private Message staff for any help or concerns, enjoy @Wolf
    Dismiss Notice

Onimusha in MP issues

Discussion in 'Jobs & Skill Panels' started by Rayne, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Rayne

Rayne New Member

I pulled a Samurai as a job and since i couldn't pull more and had no idea what Samurai is like i advanced it to Onimusha.
    In SP I'm happy with it, in MP it's a bit under powered it's magic sucks, but his ultimate is pretty solid.
    However my main issue with it is that it's speed is 6* so in SP i can do 6 moves but in MP mostly 3-4 and very rarely 5.
    Why is that happening, shouldn't my full speed be available or am i missing something.
    Do stats change when using jobs in MP? Cause stats page clearly shows 6* speed.

2. Maharib

Maharib Active Member

In MP you only get 3 turns per round regardless of your job. Certain cards have a passive which can increase your amount of starting turns. If you end your round and you still have 1 turn left then it'll carry over to the next round. The only other way to increase your turns is by using a card that grants haste.

3. Rayne

Rayne New Member

Well that kinda sucks cause i was looking forward to having more turns in MP.
    So no full speed in MP and an underpowered job, guess it's time to hoard that magicite and pull a new job.
    Maybe new panels will improve Onimusha, he looks pretty cool.
    Thanks for the answer.

4. Rocky

Rocky Active Member

Also, the support person in your group can grant you haste as well (life stream is a common example).

5. GulDucat

GulDucat Used Dust Ripper Salesman Staff Member

I've seen people actually put "NO SAMURAIS!" in their MP quote box. They're treated like red headed stepchildren right now, maybe that will change when panels 5-8 open up. At least you can take solace in the fact you can power through SP content with little to no effort and quite quickly.

6. Rocky

Rocky Active Member

Yea guys, I wanted Samurai to work so bad. I have and will continue to try new builds to make it work (doing the same w/ Dragoon... but trust me some jobs are better left for single player). But so far, no matter what I try they pale in comparison to DK and DK is barely a dps next to Magus. Sadly in the current meta, Magic is the key to success so until such a point that you can either shift stats to Magic (I believe it's called Optima in JP) or Ultimates become used consistently during MP (I believe this is also common in JP) Sam just won't shine. As a tiny piece of solace... at least you didn't spend the seeds/crystals on Gladiator!

7. GulDucat

I had a ton of jobs already, and then I pulled samurai and I was SO stoked! That lasted all of 30 minutes when I saw healers in MP were making me look stupid. At least the weapon helps DKs close the gap on mages a little, lol.

8. Rocky

Rocky Active Member

Samurai sword?? It's got such terrible magic, DKs should be using the Knight sword (Defender). The Samurai sword is best for uhm... Knights in tower, who need pink orbs... or maybe a really perverse Dragoon Breaker build?

cgHaxor likes this.
  9. Drumfel

Drumfel New Member

So disappointed with Möbius for not letting Oni come to the table in MP....

10. Rayne

Rayne New Member

Weill i decided to hoard some magicite and spend some summon tickets on a new job and pulled a Dancer, hope it's better

GulDucat likes this.
  11. GulDucat

It's tons better. I pulled dancer last week and it's about all I play now. In my opinion it's the best job out right now, you'll love it.

12. Rayne

Rayne New Member

I do like playing the healer role, attack is weak but I'm on 3'rd panel half way so still room for improvement, but magic and HP seem pretty good.
    And it tears through the yellow gauge like it's nothing.

13. GulDucat

It's support, so of course attack is mediocre in MP. It can be a good backup breaker as well, and in SP, it simply crushes everything in its path. I've abandoned my magus in favor of dancer if that tells you anything.

Rayne likes this.
  14. Rayne

Rayne New Member

That's encouraging enough, thanks for your feedback. I still feel a little sorry Onimusha backfired but it's fine if they buff it in the future it's x4 and good for additional upgrades. And in the meantime I'll have fun with the dancer.

15. GulDucat

I was stoked when I first pulled samurai too, that lasted all of 30 minutes of gameplay. The future looks brighter, but not by much. In the long run, dancer will serve you much better.

Rayne likes this.
  16. Razieal

Razieal New Member

In my opinion samurais are good. I don't have one but, in MP, they are great damage dealers if the MP set up is good with buffs and debuffs. Samurais need to be played strategically. I've seen a FEW players with great strategic plays. *cheers to them* depends on what you want role to be in the MP. That's why there's roles. Apologise if I hurt anyone here. But this is my opinion. Happy playing guys!

17. Rocky

Rocky Active Member

Thanks for chiming in, we all love community input. But sadly based purely on the objective data (not subjective like an opinion) no amount of strategy will allow a Samurai to compete with Magus, Bandit, or DK during the current game content. Damage co-effficients, the way buffs and debuffs work and the value placed on burst phases during break all lean toward attacker role centric, high magic, burst damage builds. It's purely an issue of math.

Maharib, Razieal and cgHaxor like this.
  18. Mikazuki

Mikazuki New Member

since samurai only shine at atk and ulti, his job skill should have more ulti gauge reduction skill...

19. Azuhkael

Azuhkael New Member

or atleast have one of the panels for samurai to let him do a damage for 9999+. odd but unique way to do MP :D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  20. Corrvan

Corrvan New Member

uh oh.. what's wrong with gladiator?? I just spend my entire weekend getting him to panel 7!!