1. Welcome to Mobiusforum.com

Feel free to Private Message staff for any help or concerns, enjoy @Wolf
    Dismiss Notice

Need deck advice for multiplayer...

Discussion in 'Deck Help' started by Xaytsr, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Xaytsr

Xaytsr New Member

So... I'm fairly new to the multiplayer I've touched on it for free stuff in the past via the level 1 quests but now I want to try it a little more seriously.

So lets start with class: I've picked white mage cos most games I've played I've always ended up leaning towards healer/support kind of roles. Planning to max white mage skill panels as soon as I can (currently got all but panel 8 unlocked).
    As for weapon I'm looking at the seraphic rod from 5,6,7 and 8 of the apprentice mage. The one that gives extra life draw.

Now the part I'm really having trouble on is choosing cards... At the moment I've got 4* Tyrone ffrk, carbuncle and yuna pictologica. If I use all these then I still need a 4th card and therein lies my problem... I'm at a complete loss... Is it ok for me to have all of my cards as support cards? If so what can I pick as my 4th? If not should I get/use the sicarius ones and switch between them as needed?

NOTE: I sadly do not own any other FFRK cards as I missed out on them. Finally I would prefer something that is accessible from the ability shop or is at least farmable.

Thank you in advance for all suggestions, help and advice with this ^_^

2. peter racal

peter racal Member

i think bro is that you need is yuna carbucle fatchocobo hades or moogle altimes alexander that are the good card for healer coz that is what i use on MP mode as AUTO AI

3. FartingJoy

FartingJoy January VIP 2017

1st of all. Ur 7*. 2* boss r desined for 3-4panel jobs. U can literally afk and still win.
    2nd. Yuna/cait/ r never required. Cuz they do nothing other than heal. Ur ulti can full heal anyways. And thats y WM can afford to run on only 2-3sup cards.
    3rd. Prepare for 3* fights- haste>barrier. Those 2 r must. Then is snipe or faith depending on what rest of ur party provides. 3* fight only has 2action recover each round. So purewind/hermes is a must. Barrier is also need cuz most 3*boss can 1shot tanky mage/hunter with big attack. And 1shot dancer on crit. 3rd sup card is optional but still should not be a heal only card. 4th can be a curse or anything else. Also seraphic onion weapon only goto6*. But u only need its 5* form for orb chance. Still i wouldnt recommend the weapon.
    In general. 3* need defence utility buffs. WM only vs shiva 3* can bring a ifrit. All other 3*fights DO NOT bring atk cards. (Curse ok). 2* u can run full offence buff Np. Even if u dont do ur role and run 3ST. Who cares lol. If u feel u need heal cards. Then carbuncle>all other heals in Mp. Tyro ffrk only useful in 4*form. But not as good as 3*fat choko.

Xaytsr and cgHaxor like this.
  4. Xaytsr

Xaytsr New Member

Wow... that's a lot to take in...
    Ye at 7* the 1* bosses are way easy and thats why I've only been going after those. Gonna take a crack at the 2* later. I just didn't wanna go walking into groups completely unprepared.

Pictologica Yuna was mostly in there cos of the low cost and the extra life orb chance if shes not much use tho she is easily cut from the deck. My only problem with relying on ulti to heal is how long it can take to charge again after I do use it... I'm concerned it might not be enough (for 3* bosses at least)

The 3* bosses is where I'm really aiming for. Really wish I could get Hermes but I'll have to get and make do with purewind for now.
    Any weapons you would recommend? (I only have the apprentice mage, white mage and scholar weapons available to me sadly)
    My reason for choosing Tyro was the Barrier, Wall and Veil all in one card plus the auto-ability "Shield: Sicarius Bestia" and mine is currently 4* but fat choco is better?

5. ~VaLkyn~

~VaLkyn~ Staff / November VIP 2016 Staff Member

About 3* MP bosses,,,
    You can go full deck support cards when yu play with smart team than draw orbs for you. Healer goes first, drive all elements. Haste, barrier and faith are a must-have. Haste overall. Hearthfull egg is amazing too for 4th spot.
    Casual deck is : faith (moogle/A&T), Barrier (fatchoco/Rem/Tyro), Haste . The 4th may be Carbun, wall, snipe, pupu boss elemnt for defense or some debuff as Curse, Debarrier, Break defense down.
    About moogle, tyro, fatchoco i would say must be 4* bcz yu need high lvl deck (more hp) and less cost orbs.

About 2* MP bosses, you just need faith to buff your team and all is done. You can bring 1 more support card but may be boss die before yu get 4 life orbs. So bring some debuff, buffs and damage cards. The strategy is totaly diferent to mp3*.

cgHaxor likes this.
  6. FartingJoy

I see no difference in 1* vs 2*. But any 1 of the 2 guards in 3* is tougher than 2* boss itself lol. BTW WM can afford to bring a 4th debuff card only because its ulti is a heal. Other support like dancer optimiz better with 4 sup cards. Simply cuz high break ulti/shift rainbow/unlimited heal afterwards...
    Also valkyn im sorry if i offend u. But im gona have to disagree with heart egg(most likely New players dont have anyways)in any support deck. Simply because support's ability benefit party not drive. And 4 slots r way too precious for an egg. But its better on defenders who drives for whole team. Same concept as defender do not need to bring barrier etc. trust me sometimes i troll in2* with my 3* apprentic white mage. But i do bring a maxed legit deck(otherwise im gona get kicked). Other times i start party when only 1 join lol. Just fun fun. So if ppl can finish with just 2. Another player is just addon. not needed thats y i say u can even be afk lol.
    Sentinel vs fat. Well the only time sentinel>fat is if u dont kill 3* boss after 1st break. He will do ???X. And that 1 shots WM/hunter/mage etc through barrier and its AOE. But sentinel is in general hard to activate/keep. And when gone u can easily get 1 shot. Happened to me 3x. While barrier is 100%uptime even at card 3*. Dancer can use sentinel easier.
    ---Weapeon id say anything but WM own weapon(its garbage). *for MP WM* best weapon is mage's 7panel(b tier). RM 7panel(S tier). Basically u want ulti charger>+third strike>Others.
    ---Yes purewind looks ugly. But its needed in 3*
    ---Ulti wont charge in time? As sup usually ur ulti charges fastest. Cuz u drive all the time. By the second guard ulti should be done. Also is used as last resort. Not a casual cast. Most heal comes from buff casts.

7. ~VaLkyn~

~VaLkyn~ Staff / November VIP 2016 Staff Member

Hahaa you dont offend me lol all tips are welcome :p. All your theory sounds amazing when play with pro people, but i just said the casual tips to play Pugs. I love defenders with Debarrier and i have never lost a PUG run when healer bring hearthfull egg. It is just about my experience playing pugs. However all your tips are a better way to do it ::mog::

peter racal and FartingJoy like this.
  8. Xaytsr

Xaytsr New Member

Guess I'm gonna drop Tyro and pick up a Fat Choco lolz
    Yes white mages own weapons are so horribly bad T_T Hmmm don't have mage or red mage... think I'm fairly limited on weapons atm...
    Shouldn't be too much longer before Hermes is available in ability shop right? (then I believe I can just fuse purewind into Hermes)

9. FartingJoy

Purewind. Yes thats the right idea. But purewind right now is good. Execpt hermes at 5* get life orb refund making it 1cost. Also i wouldnt care too much in weapons anyways. Cuz u drive. No hit. Who cares any other stats. Apprentice weapon r ok. But its not worth unlocking to panel 5 for it

10. Xaytsr

Xaytsr New Member

Well after completing latest chapter for some reason I can skip to panel 5 of the apprentice jobs so ye I already got the 1* version of the wep found there ill just use that for now

11. Rkarker

Rkarker New Member

One thing I haven't seen mentioned. If you're at a loss for your fourth card you can always use a pupu for resistance . upon further review I saw Valk mentioned it in an earlier post... IGNORE ME!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  12. FartingJoy

Never ever put a defence pupu in support deck. Even curse(reduce damage dealt to whole party). Or stun or anything is better than defence for urself unless u are a defender and taunt is over killing u. Support deck is way way way too precious for anything personal. U support a team not urself.

Alkaiser likes this.
  13. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

I like this but please include yourself too. xD

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    peter racal likes this.