1. Welcome to Mobiusforum.com

Feel free to Private Message staff for any help or concerns, enjoy @Wolf
    Dismiss Notice

Mage player needs help pls!

Discussion in 'Jobs & Skill Panels' started by ArMax, Dec 25, 2016.

Best Job?

1. Dark Knight

12.5%
  2. Red Mage

25.0%
  3. White Mage

62.5%
  1. ArMax

ArMax New Member

Hi guys!

Loving this community, thank you for the weapon and job charts. So here's my story: Started out playing and kept advancing my starters (I know I know lol) my tutorial card was mage card so I decided to keep going on that direction since I wanted to enjoy the game. Long story short I dedicated all my resources and got to maxed out scholar, got the Seraphic Rod which is my best weapon. Tore through the whole SP content and just recently hit a wall in the Vortex area. Thought I was doing well but now I see that I must pull new jobs. Did so and got DK, RM, WHM. Most of my cards are mage types (max 3* Blizzaja, max 4* Firaja, max 3* Stoneja, able to get max 3* Aeroja rn, max 3* Death Maelstrom)

So... I want to redeem myself hahahaha
    What should I do?

TL;DR?
    Messed up and need to choose between RD, WHM and DK.

Thanks for all your input!
    Merry Christmas!

2. ~VaLkyn~

~VaLkyn~ Staff / November VIP 2016 Staff Member

White Mage to play 2 roles for MP. But yu will need support cards likes moogle, fatchoco, Hermes (pure wind fodder) and,,,, may be curse bcz Curse is also a good card to your Scholar as defender.
    You need to get all mage ST sicarius cards for both mages too.

3. Emil

Emil New Member

Out of those 3 For the long term white mage but it is only good for support on multiplayer.

4. FartingJoy

FartingJoy January VIP 2017

Serapic rod is a onion weapon. So u got a maxed 6* onion scholar. The real 1 is waaaay better. In fact onions just straight out sucks. Then its warriors(except knight). Warriors are NO good attackers and breakers. DK is even less of an attacker than WM in SP. and in MP WM will destroy Any warrior attacker vs water. DK has lower hp than mage. 60%magic as mage. It just knida sad for his cool looks. Red mage is ok. But the low Hp gets him a lot hate from the community. In pure magic. RM os highest. But hes no attacker. So too bad

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  5. WatChaDoo

WatChaDoo Member

First, in story and single player, 3 jobs are fine with it and it depends on how you want to fight. DK seems to be an attker with doing big damage to enemies, Red mage seems to be a balance type with fine damage, fine health, White mage is supporter type, he will beat enemies slowly, but he can survive a long-battles stage with heart orb drop chance higher, ultimate heal and regen.

Second, in Multiplayer, i think DK and White mage is good. due to how you are, if u want to prove ur strength, show off, do big damage to boss, so do DK job. But If u are kind of person who is always behind the scene, takes care of others, make them shine, helping people, sacrifice for teammates, so do WM job. it's my opinion.

6. FartingJoy

FartingJoy January VIP 2017

I need to make something clear. In SP when u dont get the attacker bonus. DK does much less damage compared to WM. And 1/2 magic as RM. in MP DK is also the 2nd lowest attacker(slightly better than samurai). A WM will even out damage Mage(was highest magic attacker b4 mystic sage came out)vs water enemy in MP. And RM is very low HP. Will not survive in any 3* fights except ifrit(45%fire resist). Y does warriors get all the hate? Because they r a class that deals huge physical attack damage(look at SAM). But who gives a damn a SAM can do 9999 on normal hit? When a mage can 999999 in 1 shot? R u gona spam 100 AAAs to replace 1ability?..... DK has lower Hp/lower magic(what actually affects ability damage). Slight higher break(but thats not even ur role. 1assassin hit will 5x ur hit). And yes higher attack(which doesnt matter at all). Do not invest in DK.

7. ArMax

ArMax New Member

Thank you all. Wow, that's a of information xD

I'll do WM and RM then. See how it goes.

8. cloud7741

cloud7741 New Member

i have a ? my mage is at scholar and im on skill panel 2 and at number 7 i bought everything but i can get the that last thing cause its got ?s marks on it anyone know when u will be able to get that

9. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

The answer to your question Cloud7741 is "soon". You cannot unlock the final panel on the Starter jobs at this time.

The answer to the question you did not ask however is: Don't bother with those starter jobs, pull a new job card ASAP from the Job Summons.
    In the beginning the apprentice Mage is OK. However, your Scholar right now can never be as good as a Scholar from a Job Summons ("A pulled job" is the usual phrase).

It is entirely random, you may get a mage type... or not, but that job will always have FAR greater potential than any Starter job.