1. New Emoji section added

MP Stamps, Enjoy @Wolf
    Dismiss Notice

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alkaiser, Aug 17, 2016.

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV - Bad, Ok/Good, or Great?

1. Bad

2. Ok/Good

3. Great

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

Just watched Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV last night and it was not as impressive as I thought it is. It certainly has better quality in terms of graphics compared to Advent Children but I enjoyed AC more. Class Zero (FF Type-0) could have been a better cast. Anyone else who watched it and can point out better points in the movie? Hide your SPOILERS if you have any.

2. [F]

[F] Active Member

If you have watched it then are you from the Phillipines? The US release date is on the 19th so by watching yesterday you must be from the Phillipines. AFAIK, SM showed it earlier than other countries. Or have you watched it in some other way?

3. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

Right, I'm from the Philippines and we're lucky it was shown here 2 days earlier. For someone who did not make it to pre-order a deluxe copy of the game, I decided to just watch it in the cinema. Are you from the PH too?

4. [F]

[F] Active Member

Yes I am. Sadly, I wasn't able to watch it yesterday because of the weather. :( I'm planning to watch it soon with some friends though. :D

5. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

Will it still be shown after today? I think it will be shown on 17 and 18 only.

6. [F]

[F] Active Member

Ah really? That's sad. I have to go to uni today so I can't go and watch it. :(

7. [F]

[F] Active Member

And it looks like it's not available in the province I'm in. I guess I'll just wait until it officially releases on nearby cinemas. (If they will) :(

8. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

Let's just hope they continue to show it from 19 and onward, same as the US release date.

9. [F]

[F] Active Member

I sure do hope so. I hope they'll also release it to other SM branches as well.

10. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

Yesterday it was only 5. Looks like they added more but the date remains the same. No dates for 19 and onward.

upload_2016-8-18_12-32-30.png

Attached Files:

[F] likes this.
  11. [F]

[F] Active Member

We'll just wait and see then. Hahaha

12. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

Haha, yeah. Let's see tomorrow. BTW, there's a very short after credit but it's not really worth the wait if you need to hurry out.

13. Celestine

Celestine New Member

yesterday I watch kingsglaive with my friends in Indonesia. The movie is great, the animation is so smooth, the VA is good. The only thing you need to do is overclocking your brain so it can do limit break to be fast enough to process the last battle scene lol, After watching it, I'll consider to buy PS4 and the game copy myself lol well done square enix...

14. [F]

[F] Active Member

I'm waiting to get the copy of the game myself. I played the demo, and so far so good, I can't wait. Hahaha

15. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

Those kind of past-paced battle scenes could have been better if the camera angles are good, not too close, and not moving every time. I agree with the need to overclock your brain since the fights, particularly the weapons were mostly being thrown from point A to point B in just a matter of split seconds.

Luna's running animation, especially while jumping from one airship to another was kind of stiff and not so fluid. The physics of hanging and sliding on the diagonal parts of the airship were slightly off.
    The visual effects on Ultros during the time it was falling from the airship was so CHEAP and BAD. You could tell by its very pale and cheap color.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  16. The Divine Cloud

The Divine Cloud Member

will be watchin this today! :p

17. [F]

[F] Active Member

I just watched it today. Yay! :D

I agree that the movements are all fast-paced and you need to overclock your brain just to appreciate every action in the movie. But still, I think it's not that bad. The Glaives are supposed to be fast after all. So I'm assuming the directors want to show us how you should actually perceive them fighting with such powers/magic. Some camera angles are bad though (that I agree 100%).

Regarding the animation, the movements came from real-life actors. Although, it kinda looked stiff and all, it must be that the person they used as a model for the animation of Luna's movements is not used to such extreme actions, also it is really hard to replicate the same setting inside a studio as they only use improvised props and landscapes there to somehow mimic the environment they are imagining.

As for Ultros falling down the ship, I think it was somehow frozen or something (although I don't know how that happened) and fell down just like how a hard object with no flexible components should fall.

Alkaiser likes this.
  18. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

How was it? :p

Yay. Haha. I like your review.

Yes, it's not that bad after all. They were also supposed to be fast since they're kind of like "assassins". They're not bad. The plot is! The plot sucks, at least for me.

Considering the limitations for Luna's animation, yes, I agree.

As for Ultros, haha yeah, it stiffly fell down. I thought its color changed outside the airship while falling due to the heat of the sun. You know, kinda burnt him. :p

[F] likes this.
  19. The Divine Cloud

The Divine Cloud Member

it was actually really good in my opinion, didnt like how it ended, kinda short... but nevertheless was decent :cool:

20. [F]

[F] Active Member

The plot for me was good though, it showed a good prelude to the game, making us understand why there was a war in the first place and why Noctis and his friends are travelling. It also showed how strong the bonds of each character's relationship with another. Although I've said you won't really come to appreciate it that much. First of all, having it in a movie is wrong. This kind of story and development is best when used in a series of episodes. I barely remember any of the names. It is either too fast or the time is too short. We weren't given time to fully understand each of the characters, so when it came to a time of grieving in the film, we can't 100% feel it that way.

Hahaha yeah well, I didn't really understand what happened because it happened all of a sudden hahahaha