Job Advice for a new player - What would you do?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Skill Panels' started by zBrendon, Dec 16, 2016.

1. zBrendon

zBrendon New Member

Hello,

I'm a new player and have been poring over forums, and web posts, trying to figure out what jobs to focus in, and I could use some advice.

I dropped some coin and bought Jobs.

I have the following Jobs:
    * Apprentice Mage, * Neophyte Ranger, * Onion Knight, Samurai, Red Mage, Scholar, Warrior, Thief, Ranger, Knight, Mage, Hunter, White Mage.

I don't want to invest seeds into all of the jobs, and would like to focus on 4 Jobs initially.

What 4 jobs from the above list would you go with?
    I think it may be a good idea to Focus on 1 Ranger, Warrior, and Mage type, and at least one Job to "specialize" in one element. But I am open to suggestions if this is not the best way to go.

I am thinking:
    White Mage (or Maybe Red Mage) for Support Role, Water Ability focus, and Mage Job type
    Knight for Defender role, Earth Ability Focus, and Warrior Job Type
    Hunter for Breaker Role, Fire Ability Focus, and Rogue Job type
    Thief for Attacker Role, Air Ability Focus, and Rogue Job Type

What Jobs would you pick and why?

What jobs do you use to Focus on those Roles?

Any help for a new player would be greatly appreciated.

2. Aarkay

Aarkay Member

White mage/Hunter for Ifrit and Shiva, Thief for Odin, Knight for Hashmal and Scholar for single player content.

3. FartingJoy

FartingJoy January VIP 2017

This is a very long question/topic. Put it simple. 8* 1 job at a time. For MP purpose go with WM for support. Mage or thief(diffrent element but mage slight better) for attacker. Breaker hunter/ranger both ok. Hunter more defence. Ranger more offence. While u dont have taunt card. So id skip on defenders.
    SP-WM/Sch/ranger. Id go with WM as it is the only job in JP 100/100. Higher rating than all legend jobs. Very future proof. Or go with mage if u like nukes. Or ranger if u like breaking role.
    TBH. This many jobs is not little coin. Lol. I got ur place after maybe 2month haha.
    Things to skip FOREVER-all onions. Samurai. Warrior. Things to skip ATM-redmage. Defender(no taunt no current value in MP).

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  4. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

Of the ones you mentioned I would go with White Mage too.

However as I have played MP a while I would now go Hunter or Ranger next.
    Just because a good breaker in Multi-player is SO, SO nice I wish I could reach through this little screen and hug them!

I want to level my Hunter just because I want all those imagined hugs I'd be getting.

Regardless, FartingJoy's answer is solid. It usually is. I certainly agree with Aarkay that Scholar is very pleasant in Single Player.