Hey iam new to the game

Discussion in 'Jobs & Skill Panels' started by RubixQ, Jun 16, 2017.

1. RubixQ

RubixQ New Member

Hey guys iam new to the game and only know thr old ff titles
    So i loved the white mage and would like to play a support roll
    A friend told me that i could start the game over and over again till i got the class that i want to play
    Now here is my question
    What class should i try to pull to be a good healer in endgame and maybe someone could give me an little starter guide to that class to?

Thank you alrdy
    Hope to see you soon ingame
    Greetings Nina

2. andi_kan

andi_kan Member

My favourite healer job is the Dancer, but I believe most top tier players pick the Devout (still not sure why, though).
    I like Dancer because he has high HP and his ultimate does prismatic shift, so you don't really run out of orbs for casting buffs.

My short guide:
    - Cindy or Haste
    - Regalia (can swap this for a dedicated heal card)
    - Kotr or Moogle
    - Tyro/Mighty guard/Wall
    - Weapon = Razzmatazz.

Always cast haste first turn... +1 action for everyone each turn, everyone generates more orbs faster early on.
    Try to cast just 1 per turn if you can, drive what you don't need to get more life orbs. (This is why I use Razzmatazz, because it charges Ultimate faster.) Your ultimate guage mainly charged from your driving. I typically reach ultimate after 3-4 turns. That's when Dancer shines, because of prismatic shift, you will almost never run out of orbs to cast your buffs.

RubixQ likes this.
  3. RubixQ

RubixQ New Member

White mage or bard arent that good in this game?

4. Softmurks

Softmurks New Member

Whm is still a great support but i never got a bard to my team
    And i dunno if you can pull him from jobpull

5. RubixQ

RubixQ New Member

Can someone tell me if I can get the bard job from job summon?

6. Raziel

Raziel New Member

You can't. All recently added jobs, all future ones and all legendary jobs will not be summoned by job pulls. (as of now: mythic sage/knight/ninja, bard, all monk jobs)
    Job summon will be removed in near future.

Talking of Cindy, Regalia or Tyro is of no use here. If she does not own them already or is going to reroll (as the OP implies) there is no way she can get the these cards. At least not in near future (maybe these events will return at some point in future, who knows).

@RubixQ
    As andi_kun pointed out 'Haste' (Hermes) is the most important buff early on. 'Faith' (Moogle), 'Barrier' (Chocobo), 'Boost' (Artemis) are worthwhile too and can be bought with ability tickets.
    Knights of the Round (combining 'Faith', 'Boost' and 'Brave') is one of the best boons so far and can also be bought with ability tickets, but on 3* it costs 4 life orbs, which might be a little bit to much at lower tiers.

You can get a weapon with a chance to draw prismatic orbs for every job class in multiplayer. The beasic version is pretty easy to get, however the weapon offered in the multiplayer store changes once a week. You'll have to watch out, for the right weapon.

As for the job itself from my perspective it doesn't really matter in late game at the moment. Personally I prefer Devout for beeing less squishy (has more HP than White Mage and way more defense than any other support job. According to altema.jp the highest ranked support jobs (that are available in global so far) are Devout and White Mage.
    Dancer with prismatic shift can be nice, but by the time the ultimal is ready for use, your buffs should already be up. So you can not rely on it, therefore prismatic shift becomes more or less a nice to have.

Just get the support job you like. Or if getting tired of rerolling, grab the first one yout get. Cards and weapon are more important.

7. RubixQ

RubixQ New Member

I got the dancer now an buffs I have Lancelot and the knight of the round card finaly
    Well I didn't invest something till now the question is should I stay as dancer or reroll till I get the devout because I want to stay with that char as main char for a longer time

8. andi_kan

andi_kan Member

Not exactly... in a good run where the breaker spams lots of actions and I get to drive elements by the load, I can get my ultimate up at turn 3. Turn 4 in most games. I would not claim any other job (without Aerith) can guarantee they could provide all buffs by turn 4.

9. Raziel

Raziel New Member

I would claim bard can.
    But then again I usually had 3 of 4 buffs up after turn 2, before Aerith obviously.
    So while I could not guarantee to have everything up by turn 4, I actually never had to worry about that. Using Seraphic Rod or Khanjar (Apprentice Mage/Neophyte Ranger) helps a lot.

Everything changed when the fire nation ... um ... I mean ... Aerith arrived. (I propose we should change our calendar, BA - Before Aerith and AD - Anno Domina)

As I saw a couple of hours ago while gimping around in MP, you've already made your decision :)

10. RubixQ

RubixQ New Member

Yap tryin my best
    I hope I can get that wall card today
    But iam slow on sp

11. RubixQ

RubixQ New Member

Damn it's hard to get a 4* team when ur a nab like me

12. Raziel

Raziel New Member

13. RubixQ

RubixQ New Member

2 haha not that much Time to play atm

14. Raziel

Raziel New Member

I think 4* MP might be somewhat to much at this point.

15. RubixQ

RubixQ New Member

I got that supreme card lol....
    On weekend i try to go to ch4 then i have more time to play

16. RubixQ

RubixQ New Member

Any tipps what i should improve / change?

Attached Files: