1. New Emoji section added

MP Stamps, Enjoy @Wolf
    Dismiss Notice

Guide: Solo MP *2

Discussion in 'Guides' started by sietho, Oct 18, 2016.

1. sietho

sietho New Member

I know this thread might not be appropriate in the spirit of multiplaying, but as anyone who have tried finding random teammates in Mobius FF know, sometimes people are dumber than AIs... After 6 Job Gachas, I've gotten 2 breakers, 2 attackers, 1 defender, and 1 healer so I thought I should at least try to build a self-sustaining team of AI. So here is the few tips I have gathered when trying to build a good all-rounder deck for soloing the bosses on *2

#1. Deck Setup
    • Generally, I'd try to get 2 different jobs of the same role so you can adapt every week when the boss change element, but this guide is meant for you to use basic jobs when you don't have specific roles drawn from the gacha.
    • Get their skill panels to the 4th panel and then upgrade their preferred stats (breaker=break power, attacker=magic, defender=hp), squeeze in extra elements or HP if you can manage. Maxed 4th panel is always preferred.
    • Attackers, Defenders, and Breakers should equip pupus of opposing element than the boss (Fire against Shiva, Earth against Odin, etc). For some reason the Healer AI won't cast Pupu (don't know if it's only in my case) PS: If you're starting this game late, you will probably have to buy your pupus from the ability shop and it can be costly, might need to consider alternative card to replace them.
    • Defenders should bring Comet (except against Earth boss) and Debarrier (except against Fire boss) and Taunt of opposing element if you summoned those FFRK packs or regular attacks (3+ fast learners would do)
    • Attackers should have at least Sicarius attack of opposing element with unlocked damage limit break AND/OR 4* attack card (from ability shop or legendary) also with unlocked damage limit break. And add in ele-force, or ele-shift of the appropriate element. (AI screws this up a lot though so it's not really a must in some cases) I also like to bring Debarrier when I can
    • Breakers should only bring Artemis (Boost) and other non-disruptive cards (don't bring Pupu of same element of the boss unless your breakers cannot use it, i.e: Ranger/Explorer with Fire Pupu against Ifrit, Hunter/Skirmisher with Earth Pupu against future Earth boss) the Breaker AI is very monotonic, they rarely use skills or drive other than Boost or en-element. Sometimes I squeeze in Brave or Comet (except Hunter) or Debarrier (except Ranger) Rocky added that Breaker should at least have an orange bar breaking card
    • My Healers bring Boost, Faith / Lifestream, and Barrier / Tyro. The other card can be pupu (if you're controlling) or debarrier/comet/single attack, depending on what your other deck is lacking.
    • The order of arranging the deck is somewhat important, and dependent on the job you're controlling

#2. Controlling the Healer
    • When controlling the healer, I usually put the Defender on the 2nd slot, Attacker on the 3rd, and Breaker on the 4th. When you control the healer, the AI waits for your move before locking theirs, use this to your advantage and ask them squeeze in that last few attacks to get the orbs
    • As always, drive and cast when able, I usually cast boost and faith (and pupus) first, unless the life orb is scarce and you need to defend first.
    • Help deplete the yellow gauge if you can, and/or time your debuff before the attacker is nuking on break.
    #3. Controlling the Attacker
    • When controlling the Attacker, I usually put the Healer on the 2nd, Defender on the 3rd, and Breaker on the 4th. The AI Healer will move first, and then the others will wait for your turn.
    • Save your pupus (and debuff if you bring one) until the Boss' break gauge is less than half
    • Make sure you have the necessary orbs to cast ele-shift when breaking, or cast ele-force already when the Boss' break gauge is starting to go down
    • The tricky part (as always) is to make sure that the boss is properly debuffed (debarrier and comet) and you are properly buffed (en-element + faith) and you have enough orbs to nuke them down.
    #4. Controlling the Breaker
    • I actually haven't found the best way to do this since the AI move first without waiting for me anyway... quite difficult to pull off for me at the moment
    • Courtesy of Rocky: Controlling the breaker is easy, since you should be attacking last anyway (unless your splitting the break), all you do is lock throw up the I'll go last stamp and if you need to split a break then hammer in your lock faster.
    #5. Controlling the Defender (coming soon)

#6. When things go wrong
    • I've spent more phoenix downs when trying to perfect my AI team compared to when I'm playing with random teammates, but for the most part IMO it's more fun this way since I'm sacrificing these PDs to learn to master the AI control.
    • Don't force yourself to blast the boss without breaking, always best to wait for the AI to regain their balance by their own and keep the survival rhythm going on.
    My fastest run with Shiva and Odin is around 4 mins and the longest is about 9 mins (two breaks), while with Ifrit is 6 mins - 10 mins (missing Debarrier, difficult to time the Nullify Defense and Debarrier from the Warrior Fast Learner cards)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    cgHaxor likes this.
  2. ~VaLkyn~

~VaLkyn~ Staff / November VIP 2016 Staff Member

You can use Debarrier against fire boss using Phantom (water sword) fast learned card.

cgHaxor likes this.
  3. sietho

sietho New Member

yeah similar to the Earth Sword Nullify Defense, but the duration is very difficult to manage if you're leaving the AI to use them, we need to control the Debuffer in this sense and the 1/2 turn duration makes it difficult to time the nuking.

cgHaxor likes this.
  4. Rocky

Rocky Active Member

Thanks for taking the time to right this guide, I'm sure it'll help a lot of people.

My 2 Cents...
    Controlling the breaker is easy, since you should be attacking last anyway (unless your splitting the break), all you do is lock throw up the I'll go last stamp and if you need to split a break then hammer in your lock faster. Boom win all the things. I run full AI team all day long. Since the AI decides who should go when I always have Support, the Defender then DPS (unless I'm running my breaker triple dps team). This ensures buffs and debuffs are up for the attacker, and since he's going last I can lock in for a split break much easier if I so choose. For the support the AI will try and use the support cards in order you place them so I have barrier, moogle, tyro, yuna. For Defender Debarrier and Comet (I remove debarrier for Ifirit), and 2 taunts (Samurai sword for extra orbs when he melees). Dps is always an opposite element deck w/ matching pupu, and one off element orange bar breaking card. I break, and run Arty, opposite PuPu and 2 taunts. If the defender and/or dps don't seem like they can/will clear the orange bar, I can and will. Essentially my goal is to break every round after the guardian is dead.

sietho likes this.
  5. sietho

sietho New Member

Thanks for adding such great insights, I am still baffled at how poor I seems to perform when controlling Breaker. I find it difficult to dictate the flow of the team on this role since most AIs always lock before me. I often find a constant need to stamp "I'll go first" during the enemy phase, and even then, sometimes the AI just completely ignored my stamps even after they said "Ok, Kupo!". Maybe there's something wrong with my setup when controlling Breaker.
    I wish I have drawn any of the 3rd Batch Job :cry baby: