Future 5* PuPus Guide - Start Farming Today

Discussion in 'Guides' started by xTeKt0n1c, Aug 16, 2016.

1. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic! Lead Moderator Staff Member

Hi Guys!

I found some handy event tips regarding PuPu farming on Reddit so I figured I would collate and issue here! The following helps a player calculate how many PuPus they need to farm to ensure you can max the future 5* versions of these types of cards in the future.

Basically you need to fuse a few 3* PuPus to their maximum ability level of 4, and bank them. For this it might be worth investing some magicite for bank slots.

There will be upgraded versions of en-element abilities avaialble in the ability shop in the future which can be augmented to 5* with better auto-abilities, extra skillskills, and more seeds than the 4* PuPus which include:

- Lamorak - Enstone;
    - Reiki - Enaero;
    - Jotunn - Enblizzard; and
    - Cu Sith - Enfire.

They will also require grow stars to augment from 3* to 4*, so F2P players might struggle, but it's still a good investment for the average spending player as they are both fun and useful abilities to have and use for farming!

Based upon the ability table, the amount of pupus you need to save to max the 5* en-elenent ability cards with 100% ability fusion rates are:

2x 2* Lv 3 Pupus to get Lamorak from Lv 1 -> 3;
    1x 3* Lv 4 Pupu to get Lamorak from Lv 3-> 4;
    1x 4* L5 PuPu OR 3x 3* Lv 4 Pupus from Lv 4 -> 5; and
    3x 3* Lv 4 Pupus from Lv 5 -> 6.

In total, you should be saving at least 2x Lv 3 Pupus, 4x Lv 4 Pupus, 1x Lv 5 Pupu. This equates to 7 bank spaces for each element and 28 total bank space for all 4 elements (or 36 spaces if you use 3* PuPus for L4-5).

You also need 2 antennas to upgrade a card from 2* to 3* and 4 antennas to upgrade from 3* to 4*.

Please also note - If you don't save up PuPus, then there is another way to level these future cards. This involves spending multiplayer currency for en-element ability tomes to augment the cards. This is however a waste of precious multiplayer points.

Ultimately, there will be no future monsters which drops en-element abilities so it's worth saving up now and doing this!

PuPu Resistance to Elements:

This is really useful because Resistance abilities from cards can be stacked to an upper limit of 70%/ 75%! This means you can bring 2 Fire PuPu and have +50% resistance against Fire Enemies (plus a massive boost to fire skillseeds farming), which can really cripple the enemies damage output! This can be useful for mono element boss fights.

Cheers
    Tek

2. Boyd

Boyd Member

Noticed you did not mention how many antennas we'd have to save for the augment of a 4star PuPu into a 5star. Is it unkown to you?

3. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic! Lead Moderator Staff Member

They are different cards entirely so none, but they can be used to max the skill of the new cards (you will be able to buy them at 3* initially for 3 tickets in the ability shop)

4. Knightotter

Knightotter New Member

I didn't think we could get 5* pupus yet? It won't let me augment mine up higher

5. Eric

Eric SOLDIER 1st Class ( on Hiatus )

Reread the initial post.

They aren't 5* Pupus, but we will later get a card with the same ability that will go to 5* and the only way to upgrade them will be saved pupus.

6. Knightotter

Knightotter New Member

I am rereading the post, he clearly says twice that we need 5* pupus. Specifically, we need 1x 5* PuPu or 3x 3* lvl 4 PuPus and when he says how many we need to save. Just saying.

7. [F]

[F] Active Member

I think he's referring to Lv 5 ability PuPus not 5*.

8. Knightotter

Knightotter New Member

Yup, I'm stupid, was reading it all backwards, lol sorry folks,

9. [F]

[F] Active Member

It's alright. We all make our mistakes. Glad that you understand it now. :)

10. Knightotter

Knightotter New Member

Sadly I didn't save any 2* pupus so I'll have to waste 3*s but it will be fine

11. [F]

[F] Active Member

I think it's better that way since you'll get higher success rates (I'm not sure) compared to when it was 2*. And since you already augmented it to 3*, you won't find any 2* PuPus anymore.

12. nightkids7089

nightkids7089 Member

hi TS, my bad english....dont really understand.....

in my case, i have upgrade all 4 en-elements Pupu to 4* and ability Level full......so what pupu should i farm and save?

thank you

13. [F]

[F] Active Member

As per the guide says. There will be cards that will be added in the future with the same abilities with the 4 elemental PuPus that can be upgrade into 5*. Since PuPus are limited to only 4*. They are:

1. Lamorak - Enstone;
    2. Reiki - Enaero;
    3. Jotunn - Enblizzard; and
    4. Cu Sith - Enfire.

The amount of PuPus you need to save to max the 5* en-elenent ability cards with 100% ability fusion rates are:

2x 2* Lv 3 PuPus to get a card from Lv 1 -> 3;
    1x 3* Lv 4 PuPu from Lv 3-> 4;
    1x 4* L5 PuPu OR 3x 3* Lv 4 PuPus from Lv 4 -> 5; and

So in total you should save at least 2x Lv 3 PuPus, 4x Lv 4 PuPus, 1x Lv 5 PuPu. Which means, that they will occupy 7 bank spaces for each element and 28 total bank space for all 4 elements (or 36 spaces if you use 3* PuPus for L4-5).

In your case since you have 4* and max abilities of each element, you only need:

2x 2* Lv 3 PuPus to get a card from Lv 1 -> 3;
    1x 3* Lv 4 PuPu from Lv 3-> 4;

14. Eric

For each color save the following 3* Pupus:
    4 @ Ability level 4
    2 @ Ability level 3

15. Tidus

Tidus Member

This is exactly what I've been doing, glad I did at least one thing right in this game lol.

If I may recommend, I save my antenna for other creatures and keep force feeding my PuPus, PuPus.

16. Sidiaz

Sidiaz New Member

now i have a reason to start farming pupus LOL!

17. Diego Lima

Diego Lima New Member

Do you have any tips to maximize a PuPu card? Should i try to make it max at 4* then work on last 2 lvls of skill after augmenting, or just keep trying all the way after lvling?

18. Kokun

Kokun New Member

Why is it hard to get wind pupu compared to fire, water & earth which have their own spesific location???

19. Eric

Wind drops at the same rate as the rest - just farm it in it's location. 401.

20. Celestine

Celestine New Member

wind pupu drops in 10x (with fire pupu), 20x (with water pupu), 30x (with earth pupu). I have a healthy amount of wind pupu without even touching the 40x for farming, because I ofted died there when auto...