Double-checking my augment logic

Discussion in 'Deck Help' started by Ryn Shaia, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Ryn Shaia

Ryn Shaia New Member

Right, so I have an Onion Knight 3stars at lvl 33. Being the lazy sod that I am, I haven't gotten around to leveling up its Earth Sword skill level yet, so I'm currently at 1/6. I have, though, fused it enough to have all my earth seeds upgraded...but not enough to have gotten the wind ones up yet. Now, I also would like to augment it to 4 stars so my question is this: Should I augment it to 4 stars first then power boost it with ability tickets to unlock the rest of my seeds and open the extra skills? Or should I power boost it first at 3 stars then augment it to 4? Does it matter? Thanks alot for the help! :)

2. Aarkay

Aarkay Member

I don't think you should augment it at all. I think you should farm Hashmal on MP. It's a much stronger ability than the normal ST cards even at 3* and augmenting them is way too easy. Those ST cards are soon going to be obsolete so they're not worth augmenting.

cgHaxor likes this.
  3. FartingJoy

FartingJoy January VIP 2017

They ARE already obsolete. And will never be good again. In power hashmal 4* is stronger than ST5*. In break value. BDD 4* also overpower ST5*. So we are talking about a card that does both but not good at both. Right now is in the 2nd trash category slightly better than cone.

4. Aarkay

Aarkay Member

Sicarius 4* are better than 5* ST, yes. But it's not 'obsolete' until 5* sicarius cards are available. They're still usable till then.

5. FartingJoy

Id still prefer 4* sic and 5*BDD in a MP deck. Vs ST5*. Tho i have all mage/ranger STs in4*. I will never 5* it. C ya growstars

6. Ryn Shaia

Ryn Shaia New Member

Ah, alright, interesting. I have't even touched the Sic bosses yet as the multiplayer aspect of the game just felt a little daunting for me. Also the only two jobs I have open atm apparently aren't highly regarded in such situations (Assassin and Dragoon) Also, I'm still a bit new to the acronym lingo of the game. What do you mean farm Hashimal on MP? And what's a ST card (I suppose it's referring to the ones available at the shop?)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  7. Aarkay

Aarkay Member

Yes, ST cards are the regular single-target cards you find in the ability shop. You could start doing 1* and 2* MP if you can find a good team and farm MP bosses' drops which you can exchange for significantly more powerful single-target cards. Hashmal is the earth boss so you could work on that for a Warrior Earth card.

Also check the MP store occasionally for other rewards besides these abilities.

8. Ryn Shaia

Ryn Shaia New Member

Maybe, if I may, could I pose a different question then in this case. I'm really just a simple casual player that likes to spend the few free moments of my day just going through the story and farming seeds to get the jobs that I do have moderately powerful to get the day to day things done, and to do a few events (ie the Collective Limit Break one was particularly fun). If I'm not really going for the competitive side of things, what kind of cards should I concentrate on for a Dragoon (barring trying to hash though the Sicarius multiplayer modes). He's the one I'm playing with most atm. For example, right now I have the Onion Knight, Idol Head, Imperial Lich and Carbunkle.

9. Aarkay

Aarkay Member

If that's the case, Area target abilities are your best option. Work on a combination of main-target focused area cards and just plain area cards. If you don't have any main-target focused ones or if you think they're too expensive, just buy the normal ones. They're also not all that hard to farm because some of them are in groups in some nodes on Hunter islands.

10. FartingJoy

If its just SP. go full offence. 3St 1 sup+1 rent sup. Rent sup cuz. U wana stadardize ur seed production. ST gives elemental. Sup gives light/dark sometimes. Dragoon do not need heal cards. Its innate drive heal+regular heals from buff support cards r over enough to keep healthy. Sup card can be boost(must if u MP)/faith/AT/haste/pretty much anything that does more than just heal. Then again i do strongly suggest replacing those ST with MP shop cards.
    Also what u r using right now(carbuncle great MP healer card. Usless for SP dragoon). Idol head-either dont use as it never exceed 9999 or get shop card Ares(3 ability tik. Legit version of idol head). Imperial lich-same as idol head. Replace with siegfried. Onion knight-yes this 1 is legit ST card. But then again those 3 top ST cards r not very good at 4* and def not worth 5*. But if u dont feel like MP. They r what ur looking for.

11. Ryn Shaia

Ryn Shaia New Member

Thanks everyone for your input, its given me some insight. Just one more thing, and then I'll consider this thread answered. Funny enough, my original question was never answered, lol ;) Now I know the card in the example is not exemplary, but the question would still hold for any future 3* cards I may get. I'll quote it again here to save on scrolling:

"I have an Onion Knight 3stars at lvl 33. I haven't gotten around to leveling up its Earth Sword skill level yet, so I'm currently at 1/6. I have, though, fused it enough to have all my earth seeds upgraded...but not enough to have gotten the wind ones up yet. Now, I also would like to augment it to 4 stars so my question is this: Should I augment it to 4 stars first then power boost it with ability tickets to unlock the rest of my seeds and open the extra skills? Or should I power boost it first at 3 stars then augment it to 4? Does it matter?"

Again thanks for all the input!

12. FartingJoy

If u r gona boost fusion then it does not matter. Tho u should try augumenting monster foddlers to 3* then fuse that into ur onion. 1/6 ability level and maxed seed just means it produce seeds on max efficiency. But the card is on weakest damage. Boosting it to lv6 will cost 35 and to lv8 will be 95tik. Not a good thing to do. Especially on a meh card. Since u might boost anyways. I can give some suggestions. Ability lv 1-2(2cards 100%chance or 3tik). 2-3(3cards 100% or 6tiks). 3-4(3cards 100% or 6tiks). 4-5(4cards 96% or 9tiks**). 5-6(4cards 96% or 11tiks**). After 4* cards can goto ability lv8 and 9999+. 6-7(1lv6+1lv1 100%. Or 25tiks**) 7-8(1lv6+1lv1 100% or 35 tiks**). **Notice how 4-5/5-6 use same amount monster cards fuse. But cost different tiks. And 6-7/7-8even more difference. If u ever decide to boost fuse 1 lv by 1 lv. Then always boost fuse the 1st of the pair cuz its cheaper.

Ryn Shaia likes this.
  13. Ryn Shaia

Ryn Shaia New Member

Fantastic. That really lays the numbers out for me in an understandable manner. Since I'm your typical f2p sort, I tend to be ultra frugal in everything that I do. I have managed to finish the 3rd chapter on a laughably gimped Dragoon (that onion knight card being one of my star players lol), so I'm not going to be boosting/augmenting things willy nilly, which is why I put forth the question before I started using my carefully hoarded materials.

14. FartingJoy

Edit. The above percent is based on mobius day. I guess u can figure out normal days.lol. Have u ever augumented lesser earth swords into earth sword? And anything else lesser "name" into "name"? Chap 3.1 u can already start doing it very easily. Tho efficiently would be hunter island. Both has bunch roaming bosses. Just hunter gives better exp.
    Add-u might have 100 tiks and feel alot. But they r generally used towards things "unfusable" ATM. Vs STs they drop everywhere. And going to 5* lv 10 is gona cost u double the tiks on just 1ST card. No reason for that at all. I was on like 500tiks. Before i realize i was down to 100. I can see the tik cost of boosting my FFRK lv8-10.120+EACH....... im not hoarding. But even hoarding wont be enough. =(

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  15. Ryn Shaia

Ryn Shaia New Member

I haven't started augmenting any of my cards yet. All the 3* I own have been from boss drops. It's something I now need to start doing as my inv space is beginning to suffer and I've accumulated enough grow stars to get at least two cards to 4* status, lol. And remind me quickly what you mean by "tiks"...I think I know what you're talking about, but suddenly I'm not so sure.

16. FartingJoy

Fuse boss cards into boss cards. Fuse monster fondler into monster fodlers. Cuz eventually u'll need to fuse Lv 6 +lv1 into Lv 6 for lv7.

17. ~VaLkyn~

~VaLkyn~ Staff / November VIP 2016 Staff Member

Dont forget summom a job. Starter jobs are not good.