1. We are sorry for any problems members have had connecting to the forum

We are having intermittent server issues, we hope to resolve them soon @Wolf
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Use Square Support for Undelivered Magicite!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by xTeKt0n1c, Aug 19, 2016.

1. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic! Staff Member

I don't like posting negative stuff but I received the bad side of Square recently and got brushed aside so I'm a bit miffed and I don't want others in the same boat to waste time chasing foxes! Therefore, I posted this so others who read this and have similar issues don't have to go through the same mess around with Square's Support to get nowhere. It ended well though but only thanks to Apple for this.

If you purchase magicite and don't recieve it in-game, don't waste your time going through Square's support to get it from them. In my experience they will tell you to resolve it with the store (Apple/Google) after a few days of getting nowhere, which includes being asked for your receipt. What I still don't understand is why they ask for your receipt if they just turn around and refuse to issue you the e-goods which you bought and proved the purchase for?

-----------------

If it turns out that they simply and genuinely initially thought they could help but found out later that they couldn't, maybe they could have communicated this better. Hence why I have posted this, not to troll but to figure it out, as Square weren't much help!

-----------------

The process was as follows:

- I made a Magicite purchase and didn't receive it in-game.
    - I sent them an initial email saying I did not receive my purchase.
    - They initially responded within the 48 hours as promised simply asking for the receipt and account details to prove my purchase.
    - I sent them the Apple receipt and requested account details the same day.
    - Their response a few days later is shown in the link/image. It states they cannot help and you must resolve it with Apple/ Google Play (the store) to resolve it.
    - All I got was a slow response, was asked for information (receipts etc.), a blank apology, no explaianation, no delivered goods and not even any form of compensation.

---------------

I find this rather harsh because from my point of view what happened was:

- A customer makes a purchase.

- The customer doesn't receive their product.

- The merchant (Square Enix) refuses to deliver it and says bother someone else with your problem.

----------------

Anyway, after a seriously massive effort (hours of conversation with Apple including screenshots, conversations, text chats and so on), I finally managed to and least get a refund from Apple after a ruined evening resolving it with them. I did this by starting a 'I didn't receive my purchase ticket' with Apple. They were for a very long time trying to get me to resolve it with the Developer (Square) and initially refused to refund the purchase until I proved beyond doubt that Square were refusing to deliver my e-goods. In the past such issues I have always had to resolve with the developer as I wasn't looking for a refund but delivery of my goods!

I feel at the end of the day, this was all a bit rubbish. Why would Square ask for my receipt if they respond saying they cannot help, don't explain why and go onto refuse to deliver the product (magicite) which I paid for.

-------------
    The lesson here is - You will eventually get your money back from such issues but you have to be persistent so don't ever give up!

-------------

FIRST EDIT: I contacted Apple about the issue and they said it is infact Square's responsibility (because the purchased item (magicite) wasn't delivered to me. So it wasn't a billing issue but a non-delivery of goods issue. As I proved my purchase to Square with an Apple Receipt and my bank statement, they should have delivered me my purchase! As it still stands they didn't even offer an explanation as to why they chose not to give me my fully paid for goods. The respnse is attached to this thread.

SECOND EDIT: Apple's second response to whose responsibility it is basically states that it is still Square's. I bought an item and they refused to give me it, which doesn't void Square of their responsibility to reoslve it, just that they are refusing to do so. Apple will only get 'involved' on an individual basis which means 'if they feel like it'. This just goes to show you can make a purchase with a legitimate company on the Internet and not necessarily either receive your purchase or failing this, qualify for a refund which is just wrong. The response is attached to this thread!

Cheers
    Tek

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    ShiningSpecial likes this.
  2. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

Looks like the vendor and the ones who handle magicite purchases are Apple/Google and not SE. One thing that was wrong in the process was SE still asked for a receipt instead of an email redirecting you straight to Apple/Google. Even an automated email will do if the subject is regarding magicite purchases. This kind of situation will give you stress. LOL

3. xTeKt0n1c

YEP! That's the only reason I'm posting this! I got my money back but wasn't a pleasant process!

4. Death

Death Scholar of the Abyss ( on Hiatus )

Watch out with refunding too often or whatnot. I had a friend that got banned before for doing so. Even though it wasn't his fault. Apple banned his credit card, because of the company saying he did receive the items.

5. Tidus

Tidus Member

This has me nervous, I got screw out of a good 15 bucks for summoning a job I already own, so I'm hoping I'll be received better than this.

6. xTeKt0n1c

Well I basically proved it beyond doubt.

I did the following:
    1. I emailed square saying I hadn't received my ingame item.
    2. They responded with the rubbish they did.
    3. I then gave Apple the correspondence from Square which was proof to them that I had not received my item because Square was unable to recognise or prove the charge their end, yet Apple had billed me for it and proved it their end. Which proved beyond doubt a communication error between Apple and Square.

But yes you have to be careful but when it's not your fault.. This method works because you are legitimate... but is a pain to go though.

7. Tidus

Tidus Member

Happy bday!

xTeKt0n1c likes this.
  8. WatChaDoo

WatChaDoo Member

hmhm... this makes me to become a good free player.