1. Welcome to Mobiusforum.com

Feel free to Private Message staff for any help or concerns, enjoy @Wolf
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger Dancer?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Skill Panels' started by Ashe, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Ashe

Ashe The Last Hunter Staff Member

Does anyone have the dancer job yet? I'm saving up my stuff right now, so hopefully I'll pull it in my next job draw, but I was wondering if anyone knew how it played. I know a bit about it, which is why I want it as my next job, but I also wanted to see what everyone here thought of it. You know, because y'all are all so amazing and I can never catch up to anyone of you but I want your advice.

2. ~VaLkyn~

~VaLkyn~ Staff / November VIP 2016 Staff Member

I got Dancer. He will be best support against Odin (wind/earth), he has more hp than WHM and helps to break. If you get Shiva card is good against Ifrit.
    SP idk, at the moment just use him for MP.
    Etoile job (4th panel unlocked) looks a bit g@y with pink colours and roses :rofl: but it is glamorous.

Eljaidan likes this.
  3. Ashe

Well.... I do love my glamour
    [​IMG]

~VaLkyn~ likes this.
  4. Eljaidan

Eljaidan Member

I'm glad VaLkyn posted about multi because I'm clueless there haha. I don't actually have Dancer, but I know that in Japan it was the #1 job for the upcoming tower event. There's also some discussion about it in this thread:

http://mobiusforum.com/threads/weird-job-pull.536/#post-4526

Hope that helps a bit for single-player!

5. Sovereia

Sovereia New Member

Dancer seems like such a great job I want it so badly lol. Pulled 3 times so far hoping for it but got RNG, BLM, & DRK. Good jobs that ultimately will be useful but I was hoping for DNC and/or ASN. Can't wait till I manage to get DNC. As others have mentioned it's like a high HP WHM mixed with RNG or HNR. I agree the colors for the "evolutions" (as I've heard some mention it) are a bit feminine for my tastes but given the clarification of the job I would have to admit it's seemingly fitting.

Eljaidan likes this.
  6. Ashe

Dammit! I got Assassin. I have no idea how to play this. Guess now's a good time to learn....
    [​IMG]

7. Eljaidan

Eljaidan Member

Bummer. On the bright side, Assassin has excellent break power, crit, and a sweet weapon you can share with any other rangers you pull. On the other hand, his HP... we won't go there.

8. ScytheLc

ScytheLc New Member

Assassin is great! I'm having a blast with him at MP. despite his low hp, you'll still be able to stay alive if you are careful and your teammates cover you. and he breaks pretty damn well. but he has no wind element, so when Odin comes i'm not sure if he can keep alive.
    On another note, does anyone recommend Maneater instead of Butterfly Edge on Dancer?

Eljaidan likes this.
  9. ~VaLkyn~

What card are maneater and butterfly?o_O

Eljaidan likes this.
  10. Eljaidan

Eljaidan Member

Those are the respective weapons. Looks like Maneater has 50 Attack, 74 Break, and 20 Magic, compared to Butterfly's 74 Attack, 36 Break (and no Magic bonus right?). They both give 2 crit stars, so they're equal there. Maneater gives the extra orb for 3-hit combos, while Butterfly gives +20% break damage.

In my mind, Maneater would be much better in multiplayer simply because of the break bonus, and I'd probably use it in single player too. Butterfly's extra break damage seems cool though, so single-player is a tough call.

ScytheLc likes this.
  11. ~VaLkyn~

Maneater MP, buterfly for tower sounds good. Man im searching these cards on shop, i cant find it. Is it any special pack?

12. Ashe

From what I've seen after playing it for awhile, it is good for breaking and killing enemies but if you don't do it fast enough you die real fast. Even my white mage has more hp.

Jeremyzzz and Eljaidan like this.
  13. ~VaLkyn~

I think you should finish ch.3 before play MP with Assasin to get more lvl for your cards. Remember more deck lvl gives yu more hp, so with 2 pupus 42, ifrit 30 and artemis 30/42 i think you are safe with good hp.

Eljaidan likes this.
  14. Eljaidan

Eljaidan Member

Do you mean Maneater and Butterfly? You can only get them by having the respective jobs (Assassin and Dancer). Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question.

15. ScytheLc

ScytheLc New Member

thanks! i'll give it a try! yeah i thought that maneater will be better since the higher magic stat sort of makes up for this 20% extra dmg during break. his damage seems to be too low to make the 20% matter i feel hmmm

tbh i feel that Assassin is not good for SP, and you are totally right. I'm having some problems with Chp3 with him too. but his forte is really breaking the bosses in MP. with just an artemis and pupu he does big damage to the red gauge, so i use Assassin to primarily farm skillseeds in MP (main pupu + artemis + 2 other cards to farm the element seeds that i want). at 3* job you can already take on the 2* Sicarius (as long as you play carefully). the faster you are able to break = the less damage you take from bosses, so don't worry too much about it

Eljaidan likes this.
  16. Sir Auron

Sir Auron New Member

I got all ranger classes maxed and don't regret it! Now i can solo shiva *2 with 2 thiefs, 1 assassin and 1 dancer (controlling the dancer). I didn't think i'd like this support class that much Lol he rocks!

Jacq and Eljaidan like this.
  17. JeanGrey

JeanGrey New Member

I put maneater on my etoile.. Its pretty good but lack of good source of damage.. I have no idea what weapon to use lol.. Definitely not the bandit's one..

18. Jacq

Jacq New Member

Do you mind sharing the abilities you put on those jobs?

19. Rocky

Rocky Active Member

I'll assume it's pretty basic... Theifs running fire dps cards and pupus/moogles, assassin w/ arty and pupu, dancer w/ buffs/debuffs. The idea behind soloing the 2*s is break the kill the guardian, break the boss fast, load up w/ buffs/debuffs and blow the boss up.

Jacq likes this.
  20. Howie

Howie Member

Yep got dancer. Unsure at first but he rocks!! Very useful ultimate and is great in sp too. I pretty much only use him now.