1. We are sorry for any problems members have had connecting to the forum

We are having intermittent server issues, we hope to resolve them soon @Wolf
    Dismiss Notice

Best FF ever???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by X-Ray, Aug 10, 2016.

1. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

Hi, im playing FF titles for all my life, FF for me is more than just a game, each title is unique, with is own world and story, and i love tham all, but at the end im sure guys there is one of them wich is your favourite?...from all of them , my favourite is FF X, not only for the amazing character, but it remind me of old school rpg, the hard one, the one you need to invest a lot of your time and nerve to complete, trying again and again, because finish FFX was easy, but get all the Celestial weapon, find all the secret, kill all the optional bosses and Penance, was a completly deferent story, the amazing graphic at the time and sound track ( pray songs still listening today on you tube xd) was a great experience i will never forget. Whats your story?

nightkids7089 likes this.
  2. Eric

Eric SOLDIER 1st Class ( on Hiatus )

FFX, FFVII, FFXII.

I completely agree with you about FFX... it really absorbed me in start to finish, until I had every secret unlocked.

I loved FFVII's characters, and FFXII's game mechanics.

X-Ray likes this.
  3. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

agree, FF12 introduced new elements in the series, the license board of FF12 was great, the hunting side quests too, for the first time it was given the chance to see your enemy on the screen,without just run in casual fights, thats was someting new for the series, also the chance to set auto skill was great, tnks to the great IA it was easy and at the end was working for real, great graphic effects, and story wich was more "mature" compared to FFX, but without loosing that FF spirit..

Eric likes this.
  4. Eric

Yeah, I think that might be why those three games always stood out for me. Don't get me wrong - I loved the old-school style FF1-FF6, but they were effectively the same game graphically, with different stories and slightly improved game elements (which were still great). FF7 introduced something new to the entire series, namely graphics + the materia system, which personally gave me a whole new level of depth to the game. It was also one of the first games to have a full set of minigames.

FFX, likewise had the Sphere Grid, which once again, was something totally unique and extremely well done. Simple to learn, difficult to master. The game itself was multiple games with one - Blitzball was it's own game in my opinion - I played it as much if not more than the actual game. Same with the Monster Arena, and all the hidden secrets/weapons, etc.

And finally, FFXII had the License Board (Is that what it was called?). It felt like a slightly refined version of the sphere grid, but I never liked it quite as much as the sphere grid. Not as much customizability. But where the game lacked in that, it made up for in the ability to see enemies on the screen, as well as set up working auto AI... which I thought was brilliant on FF's part. I also enjoyed the story quite a bit.

I unfortunately, never played anything after FFXII (FFI-XII were the only ones I had the capabilities to enjoy - was never a fan of multiplayer games, and once med school started, I had to kick my gaming habit).

X-Ray likes this.
  5. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

FFXII was the last tittle in the series worth of mention, everything after that was disappointng...too bad, sometimes invest in super hd grapich and make a game more commercial possible is not the best solution, especialy for a unique series like FF

6. Galatea

Galatea Active Member

Obviously FF Mobius Kappa

X-Ray likes this.
  7. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

thats realy obvious...xd

8. Eric

Heh - Mobius has yet to prove itself worthy of the FF name. The graphics are excellent for a phone game, and the story has potential. We'll see where it goes! (The unifying factor throughout the FF series is the quality of their storytelling. RK deviated a bit from that, but it looks like both BE and Mobius are attempting to return to their roots).

9. dark lunaris

dark lunaris New Member

hm probably ff12 for me i just really like it

X-Ray likes this.
  10. Watt

Watt New Member

Pokemon red is the best Final Fantasy.

Wolf likes this.
  11. The Other Guy

The Other Guy New Member

I really like VIII.

X-Ray likes this.
  12. The Dark Oracle

The Dark Oracle New Member

To start my favorites were FFVII,FFX,FFXI, and FFXII. Final Fantasy 7 was awesome I loved the story. Final Fantasy 10 was great. Spending time to get better at the game finding secrets and helpful tips. Not losing your nerve is the best about it with the hard celestial weapons to get and the achievements for capturing mobs.
    Final Fantasy 11 was great I played with my parents and they helped me and their friends helped too. The boss fights you had to be strategic about and not be over the top of things or you'll die. The constant fringing to get levels gets to be a pain but with friends to party with you pull through. The fights against one another pop was cool I didn't fancy it much but it was nice.
    Final Fantasy 12 was kick @$$ with the graphics and secrets. Then there's the overdrive things like Pyroclasm and Maelstrom Bolt were just freaking awesome! Enter Me

X-Ray likes this.
  13. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

yee i will never forget how many hours i have spent trying to go under 0:00 seconds in the chocobos race to get Tidus celestial weapon "Caladbolg"....

14. NoisePilot

NoisePilot Active Member

My favorites will always be FFIX and X. Those were the first ones I finished and I absolutely adored them.

X-Ray likes this.
  15. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

FF9 was one of my favourite too, and i was happy to see it in the play store, bring me a lot of memories playing it again after 10 years....

16. Alkaiser

Alkaiser Active Member

FF Tactics - Art & theme, great story, team combination of jobs.

FF VII - Character design & backstory, overall story, materia system, don corneo scene, aerith getting stabbed (oops)... but most of all, color customization of the menu (gold, metal, and rainbow ftw). xD

FF IX - Atmosphere & theme, poetic scripts, road to golden chocobo and treasure hunting, dagger/garnet's cleavage <3, ending soundtrack.

FF X & X-2 - I loved the leap in graphics, job system, grid system, summon system, new summons, dark aeons.

FF XII - Story, battle system.

FF Crisis Core - Battle system.

FF Type-0 - Story, characters, peeking/camcording, ending soundtrack.

FF XIII - Battle system, leap in graphics.

FF RK & BE - Old gen FF experience in mobile.

Mobius FF - New gen FF experience in mobile, music, hud. (why Mobius FF instead of FF Mobius? :()

They kept on introducing new features in each title, making sure that the fantasy and experience will be different from one another. :)

Answering the topic, no best FF for me 'cuz I can't decide. LOL. They are all great!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    nightkids7089 and X-Ray like this.
  17. X-Ray

X-Ray Member

Wow
    Another big fan outh there...fully agree with you...

18. ImpurestClub

ImpurestClub New Member

I have no clue why, but for the life of me, I couldn't put down FFXIII until I'd blitzed through the whole game. I've played most Final Fantasies, but for some reason, none of them held my attention the way XIII did (I did spend a lot of time with FFXIV though, but I'm not sure that counts).

Really looking forward to XV though.

X-Ray likes this.
  19. Ashe

Ashe The Last Hunter Staff Member

FFIV because that's the first game I played all the way through and finished by myself.
    FFVII is my number one Final Fantasy game because I love the story and always will.
    FFXII still had a good story and game play despite all the problems there were during development.
    FFXIII trilogy is one of my favorite trilogy games ever because of how well the characters are fleshed out and it's beautifully tragic but bittersweet story. Although, I'm probably in the minority with FFXIII on here.

X-Ray likes this.
  20. Galatea

Galatea Active Member

There were some things they did right with XIII, but a lot of things that they did wrong with it too, but good things in the future will come because of it I'm pretty sure.