1. New Emoji section added

MP Stamps, Enjoy @Wolf
    Dismiss Notice

5* vs job summon

Discussion in 'General' started by SabbathTruth, Jan 2, 2017.

1. SabbathTruth

SabbathTruth Member

hello,

I'm trying to decide whether I should pull 5* cards or job summons?

I currently only play warlock, I have a total of 8 jobs (dancer included) 10 jobs left minus paid jobs since I'm f2p

I don't play a whole lot and i don't think I'm interested in leveling up many jobs, way to much time? Maybe a good breaker (Assassin?) was hoping for "leader of hope" but by the looks of it will cost 75$ which I won't get :-( I've invested all my time in mage card, and don't think I have time to do all over for another job?

Given my situation, seems more jobs wouldn't get me anything beneficial so maybe pulling 5* cards would be better for some better ammo than I have now? Only really 4* sic cards plus 5* shiva aoe.

I have 40 summon cards now and already pulled 1, 5* with batch 2 - Madiun, I was trying for batch 1 since they had mage cards but I was after the time change :-( even though Madiun is a cone attack it's hitting hardest than my Odin sic 4* at level 6 ability!

With all said, any thoughts or something I may be missing, advice I'll take, thx in advance :)

2. FartingJoy

FartingJoy Active Member

Ur comparing a level 10cone(with offensive passive) to a level 6ST(that only broke 9999). Ur luck in getting a card u want. Or even useful is very slim. I would suggest pulling jobs(maybe not for u). Or pull for really hyped banners. Tbh these 5*s r meh. The banner doesnt even give ability tiks like the 4*max summon. But if u r on the "lazy" side. Maybe this pull can help. If u get a cone/AOE/or some crappy sup cards........eww. But how is playing only 1job "fun"? Lol. U should have more than enough to 8* another job. And pulling jobs will reduce the pool so u can access latest jobs easier.

3. ~VaLkyn~

~VaLkyn~ Staff / November VIP 2016 Staff Member

With the new option than allow change job&deck in the middle of battle (not for multiplayer, only SP) you should have at least 1 job of each one, warrior, mage and ranger (dont confuse with mp roles ok). If you are playing with warlock and yu pulled a Dancer, upgrade that Dancer to 8th panel whenever yu can do it. Then yu need now a warrior job. I guess, if yu pulled knight is a good choice.

4. SabbathTruth

SabbathTruth Member

Thx for replies,

Would someone share thoughts on pro's/con's for

assassin vs. dancer?

5. FartingJoy

FartingJoy Active Member

Assassin-Highest break power atm in global. Breaker in MP. Break/ulti even more powerful than the $75 mystic ninja. Medium magic. Low HP(ok for SP. and casual content. Will suffer in tower and 3*MP). Resist water 45%. Best ranger weapon ATM. Unable to use wind. So no FFRK WOL. LOOKS COOL.

Dancer-rated best job for global. Healer in MP. High break ulti shifts all orb to rainbow. So u pretty much no need to drive for life orbs for rest game. Good break power. Good magic. High HP. Ruler of past 3towers. Even this tower has no fire drive. But somehow still ranks #1....... will have absolutly no problem in SP and most MP(include 3*). LOOKS GAY.

SabbathTruth and ~VaLkyn~ like this.
  6. SabbathTruth

SabbathTruth Member

Great descriptions!

For my warlock, of all the cards I have my shiva sic still hits the hardest because of the water buffs

Is that the idea for other jobs? Find out the attack buff and get the particular sic card?

I didn't get icie or the others so, aside from ffrk cards, are the sic cards the strongest options for attacking? Get a ranger job then get ranger sic cards, get a warrior job then get warrior sic cards? Etc.... thx for the replies!

7. ~VaLkyn~

~VaLkyn~ Staff / November VIP 2016 Staff Member

Yes, yu should buy and max out ALL sicarius cards of ALL jobs/roles. Atm sicarius are the strongest ST cards (except for Licie, Jetch Shot and ffd Zidane).
    But chapter 4, we will need some AoEs and at least 1 job of each role. Take your time.
    Upgrade that Dancer ok.

8. Josh Riel

Josh Riel Member

Dancer is a sure bet, I love that violent flaming pink flamingo.
    Don't do what everyone else is doing, when you become a Carnavalist, keep the look.
    Actually I'd prefer if they kept the rainbow theme of the Etoile's half skirt thing.... alas, they never asked me for artistic direction.

I'd dress like that all the time if I could, and I'm straight.